Gibson Brands Forums

weight releif?

hawknroll

Indeed, they should call them chambered and put them in the (new) "chambered" section on stores (online stores). Ok, maybe not name them chambered but something people would like and be drafted towards.

Having them under "solid bodies" is not correct, they are lying to the costumer.

Is gibson the only brand chamberig guitars that once were solid?

Indeed' date=' they should call them chambered and put them in the (new) "chambered" section on stores (online stores). Ok, maybe not name them chambered but something people would like and be drafted towards.

Having them under "solid bodies" is not correct, they are lying to the costumer.

Is gibson the only brand chamberig guitars that once were solid? [/quote']

Well I know that Warmoth offers a chambered replacement body for Strats. I never heard one though...

Indeed' date=' they should call them chambered and put them in the (new) "chambered" section on stores (online stores). Ok, maybe not name them chambered but something people would like and be drafted towards.

Is gibson the only brand chamberig guitars that once were solid? [/quote']

Howz'bout "semi-solid body"? A whole new classification just for Lesters. :-k

Let me fix that for you...

Weight relief started around 1982' date=' or 83 and continued untill 2006. Chambering started in October 2006. After a short period, weight relief came back and the Les Paul Traditional is still weight relieved to this day. The Tradtional is essentially the same as the pre-2007 Standard.[/quote']

Let me fix that for you...
Weight relief started around 1982' date=' or 83 and continued untill 2006. Chambering started in October 2006. After a short period' date=' weight relief came back and the Les Paul Traditional is still weight relieved to this day. The Tradtional is essentially the same as the pre-2007 Standard.[/quote'']

You forgot about the LP Customs... they're also weight relieved and have been since the 80s... they've never been chambered as far as I know.

Weight relief is done on every Les Paul since 1982. You may find this somewhere on gibsons homepage. If you´re searching for this via google for example you may even find some x-ray pictures of guitars or pictures of raw bodies at the gibson factory. They are using a so called "swiss cheese pattern". That means 9 or 10 one inch in diameter holes behind and above the tailpiece. Chambering is a different thing and the guitars should be advertised as chambered (the Dark Fire is chambered for example). It´s both no secret but you may have to search a bit on gibsons homepage or catalogues. My 85 Les Paul Custom has the swiss cheese pattern and I don´t think you´d hear a difference compared to a solid one. But you should hear the chambering compared to a non chambered guitar. If you want a real solid Les Paul you´ll have to get a pre 1982. But those may have sandwich bodies and/or three piece necks that I wouldn´t like. Or they are f.....g expensive. As far as I know the V.O.S. and some of the re issues are also solid. But most important is to check the guitar that you´d like to buy. If you like the sound, who cares whether it´s chambered or weight relief or what ever? Mine is with me for almost 20 years and I wouldn´t want another one - solid or not.

Greetings

Kurt

Archived