Gibson Brands Forums

Thread Title Deleted by Author

SoundMaster

you guys (and many others on different forums i frequent) sound as if you think the price increase is for this year only. in 2016, they wont be reducing the price back to 2014 levels. there's no guarantees the price won't rise again. but you can be sure of one thing. if enough of you vote with your wallet, who knows what might happen?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, the Traditional model comes with that auto-tune monstrosity, a screwless pick guard and the awful headstock inlay?????!!

I was patiently waiting for the 2015 Traditional's so I could get the solid body but without that 2014 12th fret inlay, and now this? And an obscene price hike?

[thumbdn]

Sorry for jumping in late, but that headstock alone looks terrible... as others have said, I'm glad I have what I have

Dear Mr. Henry J,

I have owned many Gibson Guitars through the 40+ years I have been playing. (see list below) I have always been comforted by the fact that when I wanted a new one I could rely on the always familiar feel of you guitars. I can live with 12th fret banners and holograms and such, but I can tell you how disappointed I was when I got a 2015 in my hand and realized it felt like every Ibanez, Charvel and such neck I've ever held. How did you think we wanted that? Are you trying to force me over to the custom shop? I would love one but I just cant spend that kind of money on a guitar I would be taking into venues. I have a hard enough time bringing the $2000 axe much less a $6500 one?????

I ask this question....WHY????????

It's interesting too, that they won't be making any more "inexpensive" or "faded" Gibson's, anymore?

WHY??? My "Faded" Les Paul TV Yellow Special is an AWESOME sounding, looking, and playing tone monster! [thumbup]

And, it was "affordable," and still very much a "Gibson!" In feel, construction, and playability! Sure,

the "finish" was minimal. But, it sure didn't hinder tone! They're missing a great market, by not making

the more affordable "matte," Satin, or "faded" finish models. IMHO, as always.

CB

It's interesting too, that they won't be making any more "inexpensive" or "faded" Gibson's, anymore?

WHY??? My "Faded" Les Paul TV Yellow Special is an AWESOME sounding, looking, and playing tone monster! [thumbup]

And, it was "affordable," and still very much a "Gibson!" In feel, construction, and playability! Sure,

the "finish" was minimal. But, it sure didn't hinder tone! They're missing a great market, by not making

the more affordable "matte," Satin, or "faded" finish models. IMHO, as always.

CB

Remember that in a year or two when they bring them back, price all jacked up and a much better margin for them.

rct

My god they really butchered the entire line huh?. I could Live with the new pick guard andget used to the logo but the g force and metal nut just ruined it for me.

Congratulation gibson you found a cure for chronic gas

Guess I will shop the closeout and used sections exclusively now

My god they really butchered the entire line huh?. I could Live with the new pick guard andget used to the logo but the g force and metal nut just ruined it for me.

Congratulation gibson you found a cure for chronic gas

Guess I will shop the closeout and used sections exclusively now

I am thinking that as well. The problem is, judging from the reaction to the new line up on the facebook page, so are about 100,000 other people lol. So I'm afraid prices on all the used stuff may go ballistic...

I bought a 2015 Les Paul Studio 2 weeks ago, and I really like it so far. This is my first Gibson; I had an Epiphone electric for a little while but then switched to acoustic for several years. I wanted to get back into electric and I needed something to inspire me to pick it up and play consistently.

The only thing that I'm not too crazy about is the G-Force tuner. It works fine, but it is so unintuitive to use for anything other than standard tuning. I have to open the PDF user manual every time I want to do something other than standard tuning, (not provided as a printed booklet by the way). I also dislike how the tuning pegs work when you turn them manually, I feel like I am forcing them when I turn them.

Overall I am happy with the purchase. I haven't been following Gibson to really know how much the pricing has changed recently, but in store the 2013 Studio was more expensive than the 2015 Studio, and the 2014 Studio was cheaper.

Just recently bought a 2013 Traditional(new) and a 2014 Sandard+(new). I am happy to say that I am done! I have what I need. I bought my Standard+ last month due to the scare of 2015. I paid $2900 for my Standard+ AAAA flame Tobaco Burst and absolutely love it! Sure it has the inlay on the 12th fret, but that doesnt bother me at all. This simular guitar in 2015 will cost $3800!! No More Gibson's for me, unless maybe I become a famous guitar god legend.

• 4 weeks later...

The only time i will not buy a Les Paul is when they are made somewhere other than the US.I think the prices are fine.

You get what you pay for.

Since the US(and the West in general) has been sold out to slave labor inflation prices will continue,get used to it in the West.

Archived