Gibson Brands Forums

Ultimate Band

bigfootdg

Please dont hate on me for this but I thought it might be fun to see what people thought. So here you write who you would put in a band to create the greatest band ever. here are my picks

Guitar - Jimmy Page

Drums - Dave Grohl

Bass - Geddy Lee

Vocals - Chris Cornell

Please dont hate on me for this but I thought it might be fun to see what people thought. So here you write who you would put in a band to create the greatest band ever. here are my picks

Guitar - Jimmy Page

Drums - Dave Grohl

Bass - Geddy Lee

Vocals - Chris Cornell

Mine would be similar but I'd have John Entwistle on bass and Bon Scott on vocals.

My ultimate band would need a big stage because there would be at least 5 guitarists' date=' 2 bass players, 3 drummers, 1 cowbell player, 1 keyboardist and 2 singers...and they would be louder than a concrete room full of .357 magnums firing in unison.[/quote']

I saw that show. It was at the GOP convention, or was it Sodom's last election in Iraq?

In my honest opinion' date=' Down has one of the most ultimate line-ups I've ever known in a band. What a band![/quote']

I have some Down CDs and, while there are some good songs, I never really got into them. I'd rather see Pepper doing more work with Corrosion of Conformity; now THOSE guys are a totally underrated, kickass metal band!

Clean My Wounds

King of the Rotten (live)

My choice for a hard hitting Blues-Rock band with a strong leaning to the blues:

Vocals:

Rod Jackson (listen to Slash's Snakepit Ain't Life Grand)

Bass

Nikki Sixx (apart from the money, I have no idea why he's still doing The Crue, he's always had an uncanny sense of edgy melody and his work with Sixx A.M is outstanding)

Guitars:

Slash & Eric Sardinas (his amplified resonator is unfreakin' believable)

Drums:

Peter Criss (he's still got it plus the backing vocals would be awesome)

Just my 2c worth

Archived