Gibson Brands Forums

Just a disgrace

Bluezboy

Is anybody else upset with Run friggin DMC is getting inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame? I'm so sick of rap!

And the real slap in the face to me is that Stevie Ray Vaughan was eligible last year but they gave it to MADONNA instead and now this! I've lost so much respect for the music industry already and this doesn't help any. Like I said in the title it's a disgrace! #-o

Run DMC is THE originator of the genre and created it with roots in rock. While SRV was a great guitar player' date=' I don't consider him to be nearly as musically innovative as Run DMC. So, nope, not disappointed at all. [/quote']

+1 SRV had nothing on these guys.

run dmc wasn't the ones who stole it from srv it was madonna Dx i have also lost almost all my respect for the music industry.

Screw that. Madonna deserve it too. If she wasn't talented, how did she manage to stay around for more than three decades. You may hate her music, but you have to respect her talent and contributions to music.

Stevie brought the blues back in style in the 80s when hair metal and pop was pretty much it. Yeah he didn't create a new genre but he pretty much brought one back to life.

We all got opinions and I totally respect everybody's opinion on here so here mine: I personally think Stevie deserves it more. And that may be a biased opinion considering I was raised on SRV but I hear enough rap being a teenager. It seems like todays music is souless rock or rap. Take your pick.

Again this is just my opinionand I totally respect all of your opinions I just wanted to vent

Stevie brought the blues back in style in the 80s when hair metal and pop was pretty much it. Yeah he didn't create a new genre but he pretty much brought one back to life.

We all got opinions and I totally respect everybody's opinion on here so here mine: I personally think Stevie deserves it more. And that may be a biased opinion considering I was raised on SRV but I hear enough rap being a teenager. It seems like todays music is souless rock or rap. Take your pick.

Again this is just my opinionand I totally respect all of your opinions I just wanted to vent

'd

He deserves it....no doubt.

Screw that. Madonna deserve it too. If she wasn't talented' date=' how did she manage to stay around for more than three decades. You may hate her music, but you have to respect her talent and contributions to music.[/quote']

i'm not saying she wasn't influential. she obviusly was. but she is not as good as SRV.

Everything....well no SRV wouldn't've been able to pull off that rolling around In a wedding dress thing so well

Nor would have he been able to pull it off without the generations of blues players before him nor the bombastic styles of Hendrix or Buddy Guy a decade or two before him. Great guitar player but not really an original, IMO.

...player but not really an original...

NOBODIE'S an original. Everybody comes from somewhere. Even Chuck Berry cites his influences.

So did SRV. He freely expressed his admiration for guys like Hubert Sumlin, et al.

Best live show I ever saw was SRV. He brought a lot to the party.

Most industry award shows are just tallying up record sales.

At least SRV was sincere. Is Madonna?

At the risk of getting flamed to death and beyond... Madonna didnt take anything from SRV... she has been here for more than most of todays artists, have gone through very controversial times in her career, and tho I dont listen to her music and dont like her at all (in any possible way) I consider her a hell of an artist. You have to accept she is one of the most (if not the most) representative and well known figure of pop music, and a real pro. So yes, she might deserve to have any and all of the available awards.

At the risk of getting flamed to death and beyond... Madonna didnt take anything from SRV... she has been here for more than most of todays artists' date=' have gone through very controversial times in her career, and tho I dont listen to her music and dont like her at all (in any possible way) I consider her a hell of an artist. You have to accept she is one of the most (if not the most) representative and well known figure of pop music, and a real pro. So yes, she might deserve to have any and all of the available awards.[/quote']

+1, plus she was once pretty hot.

Archived