Gibson Brands Forums

New Photos

Californiaman

Here's some recent photos of my gear.

My Gibson '88 ES-175 with a Goldtone GA-5 Les Paul Jr. Amp.

Snapshot2009-01-1508-39-38.jpg

My Fender 60th Anniversary Diamond Inlay '52 Telecaster with Fender Master Built Two-Tone Amp and Les Paul Jr. Amp.

Snapshot2009-01-1508-34-06.jpg

And again, the Fender Tele and GA-5 Amp

Snapshot2009-01-1508-43-17.jpg

Thank You for looking

Sweet. What's the purpose of that metal thing over the Tele's bridge pickup?

The cover is often referred to as an ashtray.

It was meant to be cosmetic to cover the bridge and bridge pickup but nobody actually puts it on (it just loosely snaps into place) as it just gets in the way.

Yep' date=' but not that one hehehe yours looks like its got natural finish, and the classic bridge.

Teles! :^o [/quote']

Yeah, but the bridge is a little hotter than the original.

There's only three tones with the selector switch. Original Neck (bass), Neck, and Bridge.

Playing with the bass selector on with the treble cranked to 12 is a deep blues sound. It's certainly a natural finish. Two pieces of Swamp Ash.

Thanks for the comments about the photos, too.

Beautiful stuff there man.

I know I'm showing my ignorance (wouldn't be the first time) , but that metal plate over the bridge and back pick up, is that something that you can put on or take off easily? Like a pick guard on a LP?

Beautiful stuff there man.

I know I'm showing my ignorance (wouldn't be the first time) ' date=' but that metal plate over the bridge and back pick up, is that something that you can put on or take off easily? Like a pick guard on a LP?

[/quote']

Homz:

That is what is known as the "ashtray" on classic Telecasters. It basically fits right over the three sides of the bridge (yes I know there is four sides) because the front side is open. It's totally useless, but it does look good for pictures. And if you smoke, well hell... I guess you can use it for a real ashtray.

Archived