Gibson Brands Forums

Hot Times!

j45nick

Some heavy glissandos make the chicks glide from 1 side of the parlour to the other in this clip - on all levels a nasty piece of footage. .

Lots of nasty innuendo in that whole clip. A bit shocking, in a lot of ways.

Found this while I was doing some research on Roy Smeck. I hadn't appreciated what a multi-instrumentalist he was. There are some good old videos of Smeck playing the uke, as well as playing Hawaiian-style on a natural-topped Gibson--maybe the same one shown on page 68 of "Fabulous Flat-tops". Lots of good stuff out there.

Eddie was quite a character. He was known to buy cheap junky banjos as he traveled, play them for a few songs in a show, then if/when the situation arose where he was conversing with a 'big fan' afterwards, he would mention that he was considering selling his own personal banjo. Of course the 'big fan' would jump at the chance to buy Eddie's personal banjo, generally at an inflated price.

He made a pretty good living off that little endeavor.

This little video sums up why I gave up banging on keys and took up strumming on strings. Hotcha!

Amazing what you can find on the interwebs. I like to think of Eddie Peabody as the Jimi Hendrix of the banjer......

something just makes me want to smack him! perhaps it's the piano player side of my ID

LOL!

Just a fine example of how a guy can get so enamored with his own instrument and technique that he forgets to make music! 😅

Give it a few more minutes and I betcha the girls slide on back over...

Aw, Anne, you are a sly one!

Maybe he talks a good game, but can't deliver.

Archived