Gibson Brands Forums

I took back my Melody Maker and got this Les Paul instead

truetone6

I took it back so I could buy this used 2011 Les Paul '59 Reissue at Guitar Center. I wanted the hardshell case for this guitar too because the one it came in(not the original) was in bad condition.

I love the Melody Maker but I can't afford to buy them both.

006.jpg

005.jpg

I got this one for $2899 because it doesn't have the original case or COA. THe guitar itself is in great shape and it has a gloss finish(not the VOS).

002-1.jpg

005-3.jpg

003-2.jpg

006.jpg

062.jpg

Guest Farnsbarns

Beautiful guitar! Just by the way... Pretty sure that's a VOS model, looking at the hardware. The VOS lacquer is still fairly shiney and can be buffed to look like that one in no time.

Thanks for the posts! This guitar is in excellent condition except for one thing: Most of the Les Paul logo on the headstock is worn off. I think the former owner may have polished the headstock to much and thats why the Les Paul signature is gone. I can still see the letters and signature but the gold is gone.

I called Charles Hoffman Guitars(Gibson repair and warranty service center in Minneapolis) to ask if they could restore the signature. They said I could drop by for an estimate but they warned me that Gibson may not allow him to replace the signature. They said they would have to call Gibson when I bring the guitar in.

a22eb014-45fc-4b94-9653-25e6551d8de3.jpg38a61137-bd8c-4b60-8159-151485dc589a.jpg

Thanks for the posts! This guitar is in excellent condition except for one thing: Most of the Les Paul logo on the headstock is worn off. I think the former owner may have polished the headstock to much and thats why the Les Paul signature is gone. I can still see the letters and signature but the gold is gone.

I called Charles Hoffman Guitars(Gibson repair and warranty service center in Minneapolis) to ask if they could restore the signature. They said I could drop by for an estimate but they warned me that Gibson may not allow him to replace the signature. They said they would have to call Gibson when I bring the guitar in.

a22eb014-45fc-4b94-9653-25e6551d8de3.jpg38a61137-bd8c-4b60-8159-151485dc589a.jpg

You did good

What cat ?

My Sherlockian detective skills deduced from the lovely display of ceramicii on the table there that the home contains no cats. That table could not exist in my reality. Well, it could certainly, but the floor would have the shards of the ceramicii sooner than later.

I love it when I write like an 18 hunnerts english guy.

rct

Archived