Gibson Brands Forums

The Gibson Lounge Hospitality Thread

Californiaman

Just wanted to thank one of our brothers from the Gibson Forums for his hospitality Saturday afternoon. Jim, (jaxson50) for reached out to the newbie in town and gave the the grand tour.

We went to several of Boise's guitar shops and some good Pawn Shops too. The prices for some of the guitars and basses were very reasonable.

One place, Doyle's Broadway Music had tons of vintage equipment. I was able to play a couple nice guitars. There were two SGs I got to play, one was loaded with P-90s and the other a Jr. I played a nice Epiphone Wilshire with a cool tremolo on it. And I got to play a Blue Agave Fender Jazz Bass that I particularly liked. This place was filled with all kinds of vintage amplifiers too.

In one of the Pawn Shops I had to talk Jim off the ledge. He was ready to bring home a Cherry Sunburst Epiphone Alleykat. It was cool and the price was right. It also played like a dream with a great easy action on it. They also had an old Gibson Souther Jumbo from the '70s and a Danelectro Double Neck. All three were good guitars and the guy who runs the place was knocking off dollars from the original price left and right trying to make a deal.

Anyway, just wanted to give a shout out to Jim and his willingness to reach out to the new guy in town.

If any of you're ever in Boise, look us up. We'll give you the tour.

Guest Farnsbarns

That's cool. People off this forum seem to be meeting up more and more. I'm soon to meet my 5th Gibson forum friend in the real world and I'm very much looking forward to it.

Archived