Gibson Brands Forums

I am an American.

Homz

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Today I am proud to be an American. I am encouraged and enthused by the wisdom of our democratic process. We have for the first time elected an African-American as the leader of the executive branch of our government. The new president' date=' Barack Obama, takes control of a country that hasn’t seen its position in the world so low since the great depression. The previous 8 years have seen the first terrorist attack on U.S. soil, which led to a call for multiple wars, which are still raging. We have seen the total collapse of both the stock market and the housing market. We have witnessed a near total destruction of the middle class and an assault on organized labor that is unparalleled in U.S. history.

Today America gets another chance. A chance for all Americans to regain their status. A chance to undo the wrongs of the last 8 years. A chance to reestablish the rights and privileges mandated by the Constitution and Bill of Rights. A chance to hold our heads high and say “I am an American”.

[/quote']

Some of us are proud to be Americans everyday not just when it's fashionable. My father rests in Arlington National Cemetary so I hold my head up high everyday no matter who is president. I refuse to turn away from my country just because times are bad. We have never been a perfect country but I believe that we can turn all this around.

President Obama is being handed a mess, their is no question about that but they say the worst times have made the best presidents. I wish him the best of luck and he has my full suport. He has made some great choices for his cabinet so I hope this is a good sign of things to come.

I agree with the other guy. I support MY country and MY president no matter WHO the president is. I think Obama will do great. I think the last 8 years' president made some dumb decisions, but I also believe he made some very good, though unpopular ones. I supported him just like I'll support this one. And do I care what other people/countries think of me? No, not as long as my/OUR decisions are being made the best we know how at the moment.

The last 8 years' president was handed a BIG plate too, a few months into his Presidency remember. A plate with a flavor that no other President has EVER had.

Go-bama. You can do it. O:)

If Obama executes his presidency according to his campaign rhetoric we're in a heap of trouble, both domestically and internationally. His policy ideas are lunacy and I expect him to be worse than Jimmy Carter and Lyndon Johnson combined. Hopefully I'm proven wrong.

Once again it's style over substance in political discourse. Everybody focuses on Obama's blackness and says nothing about his policy ideas, and the likelihood of the bad decisions that are typically made by inexperienced people who rise too far too fast.

The one great thing I do see in the Obama presidency is this: The country sensed that something was wrong with the main candidates and this says a lot about this country. I believe he was elected because we are fed up with the main players in the establishment. John McCain was considered to have no chance at all when he entered the race, yet he beat strong candidates Giulliani and Romney. Likewise Obama beat Clinton, who had been assumed to be the Democrat nominee. It's a remarkable chain of events.

Had John McCain been elected, I think it would have ultimately been even worse for the country because Republicanism is in a shambles and needs to either be replaced or repaired. Once again, as in the 2000 and 2004 presidential elections, we got the lesser of two evils.

Nope, I wont bite. No one can pis$ me off today. I hold my head high with pride. Hopefully I will never again need to feel shame for the wrongs my country has committed on minorities or on others in far away places. Today.... I am American in the true sense. In the spirit of new hope as was envisioned by our ancestors and without the stagnant pungent smell of old party mold.

Hey' date=' Space, I really don't think that Homz' point is saying that he's only american when it's fashionable or that he is only american today...[/quote']

You may be right but his opening remark was "Today I am proud to be an American." like yesterday he felt otherwise. I'm not kicking the guy or trying to sound like an a$$ but It erks me that some people are proud of their country only during the good times or when certain parties are in charge. The people make the country not the government! This is why we have elections, if someones not doing what is in the best interest of the people we can take them out of office and put in someone who we hope will do better.

You may be right but his opening remark was "Today I am proud to be an American." like yesterday he felt otherwise. I'm not kicking the guy or trying to sound like an a$$ but It erks me that some people are proud of their country only during the good times or when certain parties are in charge. The people make the country not the government! This is why we have elections' date=' if someones not doing what is in the best interest of the people we can take them out of office and put in someone who we hope will do better. [/quote']

Be erked then. I don't give a damn what you think of my opinion. If the actions of our country are contrary to decent behaviors then it is our duty to speak out. Those who don't are the ones that don't respect the 'American Dream'. I honor the memories of all who put the uniform by working towards a better America.

Be erked then. I don't give a damn what you think of my opinion. If the actions of our country are contrary to decent behaviors then it is our duty to speak out. Those who don't are the ones that don't respect the 'American Dream'. I honor the memories of all who put the uniform by working towards a better America.

Is that not what I've been saying? But I believe it should be remembered at all times, not just once in a while.

Is that not what I've been saying? But I believe it should be remembered at all times' date=' not just once in a while. [/quote']

So then if I was to say the actions of the Bush administration were shameful then you would say, "you can't say that"? To say nothing is to comply. If you really must read between the lines I will fill in the blanks. The shame I am referring to is the last 8 years of total insanity in the economic markets, in unwarranted war, in decimation of the middle class, in lifting protections of the Bill of Rights, in bans on torcher, and in many other ways. Any sane person regardless of party can find something there to be ashamed of. Some of us will actually admit to that shame. Some of us will even actively seek solutions.

Since the new President is for' date=' in his words "Spreading The Wealth", maybe I can get ALL the Obama supporters to spread the wealth and pitch in to buy ME a guitar, how about the new 50th anniversary '59 LP? This is a sad day for America!!![/b']

Well Ted you could probably buy your own if you hadn't squandered all you millions.

4 years from now we will see if the average American is better off; if you don't think you are then vote against him. If I don't feel better off I will do the same. This president represents real change. You may be right It could be for the worst. I am under the impression it will be for the better. If I am wrong I wont vote for him. Change; however, is something our country needs right now.

this is NOT a sad day for AMERICA. it is a GREAT day not only for America but for the WORLD. good riddance to that grinning imbecile bush (and ted nugent is a fool who proves it every time he opens his mouth). I, for one, am extremely proud of what was accomplished in this election. now the real work begins. and for those you who are still indulging sour grapes because their guy lost, it's time to pitch in on the hard work or STFU. INTELLIGENCE is once again a requisite to hold office. thank god.

So then if I was to say the actions of the Bush administration were shameful then you would say' date=' "you can't say that"? To say nothing is to comply. If you really must read between the lines I will fill in the blanks. The shame I am referring to is the last 8 years of total insanity in the economic markets, in unwarranted war, in decimation of the middle class, in lifting protections of the Bill of Rights, in bans on torcher, and in many other ways. Any sane person regardless of party can find something there to be ashamed of. Some of us will actually admit to that shame. Some of us will even actively seek solutions. [/quote']

You can say what ever you like about the Bush administration, It's a free country and I didn't vote for him the second time so it won't hurt my feelings. I feel the so called war in Iraq was mishandled from the start and perosnlay it should have never been. I've been voting for 23 years and prefer to vote for the person I feel is best suited for the job and not just vote along party lines. You can try all you want to paint me as some kind of war monger or a freedom hater if that what it takes to makes you feel good.

I'm sure you will have something hateful to say to me for this too but I voted for Obama!

You can say what ever you like about the Bush administration' date=' It's a free country and I didn't vote for him the second time so it won't hurt my feelings. I feel the so called war in Iraq was mishandled from the start and perosnlay it should have never been. I've been voting for 23 years and prefer to vote for the person I feel is best suited for the job and not just vote along party lines. You can try all you want to paint me as some kind of war monger or a freedom hater if that what it takes to makes you feel good.

I'm sure you will have something hateful to say to me for this too but I voted for Obama![/quote']

I never said anything hateful to you. Frankly I don't care what you feel. You questioned my patriotism I answered your comments. BTW. I still don't give a damn how you feel about my opinions.

Well Ted you could probably buy your own if you hadn't squandered all you millions.

4 years from now we will see if the average American is better off; if you don't think you are then vote against him. If I don't feel better off I will do the same. This president represents real change. You may be right It could be for the worst. I am under the impression it will be for the better. If I am wrong I wont vote for him. Change; however' date=' is something our country needs right now. [/quote']

So what if I squandered my millions, that just means you have the responsibility to take care of me, spread the wealth baby!!!! That's what our new President preaches and if you backed him you hold the same ideas. So when can I expect to see my new 50th Anniversary '59 LP Standard?

this is NOT a sad day for AMERICA. it is a GREAT day not only for America but for the WORLD. good riddance to that grinning imbecile bush (and ted nugent is a fool who proves it every time he opens his mouth). I' date=' for one, am extremely proud of what was accomplished in this election. now the real work begins. and for those you who are still indulging sour grapes because their guy lost, it's time to pitch in on the hard work or STFU. INTELLIGENCE is once again a requisite to hold office. thank god.[/quote']

SINCE WHEN IS HEALTH CARE A RIGHT? SINCE WHEN IS IT MY RESPONSIBILITY TO TAKE CARE OF EVERYONE ELSE? EVERYONE HAS THE OPPORTUNITY TO SUCCEED, DON'T PENALIZE MY FOR YOUR PITFALLS.

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG, SINCE IT SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOU BACKED OBAMA, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO SPREAD THE WEALTH AND THROW SOME OF YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY MY WAY, I SURE COULD USE A NEW GUITAR!!!! OR MAYBE YOU'D LIKE TO BUY ME DINNER OR PAY FOR MY CAR INSURANCE - SPREAD YOUR WEALTH AROUND - PLEASE!!!!!

Archived