Gibson Brands Forums

I am an American.

Homz

What say you Dave?

and were did Grampa run off to

He got me started

You talking to me?

Well to tell you the truth I just got home from work and this mega thread developed while I wasn't watching. So to give you my opinion on everything thats been said is gonna take a while. I have to go and read 5 pages to know what has been said so far...

But I can tell you without reading anything yet I was more proud than ever when my country voted Barack Obama in as President. I think it shows the world that the American people are not the sheep some thought we were... It shows we can look past our past prejudices and move ahead. A major change was needed and President Obama certainly seems to be the guy to make the changes. I wish him nothing but the best, after all if he succeeds we all do...

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its sad how both sides can't see beyond their collective noses. As the past 8 years have rolled by the animosity for our president grew but never did i hear even one of my Democratic breathren say "but I'm praying for him he's got a tough job ahead". It went from ridiculing to down right hatred. Yet now we expect all republican/conservatives to embrace president Obama immediately and when they don't label them stupid and racist. This notion that you either agree with me or you're some lowlife scum is at its core the worst form of racism. I suspect when president Obama settles into that chair' date=' behind that desk, in that oval office and feels the weight of an entire nation on his shoulders...well pressure creates diamonds it also pops balloons. I'll be praying all his decisions are the right ones.[/quote']

i dont think anyone really expects republicans to immediately fall in love with obama. nor have i heard anyone scream racism, although i can tell you firsthand that there is a LOT of racism in my state- though much more passive than overt.

i really do believe that the previous adminstration shares a lot of the responsibility for the polarization of this country. Remember the whole "if you're not with us you're supporting terrorism" speech? i admire Bush's fortitude and courage, though not necessarily his tact. But his "bring 'em on," guns-a-blazing nature did a lot more damage than most of us Republicans will admit. But people like Harry Reid did nothing to help matters either. And for as much complaining as they did, i am still waiting for congress to do anything positive. Business as usual i suppose.

i think Lewis Black said it best....The Democratic Party is a party of no ideas and the Republican Party is a party of bad ideas.

Spoonz' date=' it's still riddled with lies and bullsh!t...Just one example (there are many) is your statement about the first terrorist attack on US soil, were you in a coma in 1993 when the terrorists tried to blow up the world trade center the first time? You could stay up all night long and look for facts to back up your statements and you wouldn't be able to do it. Good try, but maybe you should just give it a rest. I don't ever start this sh!t, but I will argue against your bullsh!t every time I see it.[/quote']

My mistake. I honestly forgot about that one. And I just remembered the Oklahoma one too. But the point is still sound.

As for you not stirring up the sh1t. ROFLOL

I start sh1t all the time and so do you. Don't think for a second that I don't see the bait. I know you see mine too.

This post; however, wasn't bait.

A bait post would have been like this... Any of you freaking morons who liked Bush41,Bush43, and Reagan can just suck it. We kicked you lame bible thumping, gun toting, gay bashing asse$. Eat that.

But people like Harry Reid did nothing to help matters either. And for as much complaining as they did' date=' i am still waiting for congress to do anything positive. Business as usual i suppose.

[/quote']

We agree. Reed and Polosie (spelling) did not fulfill their obligations of office. The suck nearly as bad as Bush.

Headlines On This Date 4 Years Ago:

"Republicans spending $42 million on inauguration while troops die in unarmored Humvees"

"Bush extravagance exceeds any reason during tough economic times"

"Fat cats get their $42 million inauguration party, ordinary Americans get the shaft"

-----------------

Headlines Today:

"Historic Obama Inauguration will cost only $120 million"

"Obama Spends $120 million on inauguration; America Needs A Big Party"

"Everyman Obama shows America how to celebrate"

"Citibank executives contribute $8 million to Obama Inauguration"

Archived