Gibson Brands Forums

This guy is fantastic

Run

You know I put this guy is the same category as Andy McKee and others. I acknowledge and appreciate the talent and the skill. But I cannot listen to it for more than 30 seconds.

Anyway, here is the "Father" of that technique. And yeah, I can listen to him all day long.

I also appreciate the talent and hard work it takes to accomplish that level of guitar playing, but it is not for me. It sounds artificial to me. How is that recording made?

Lars

"Artificial" is a perfect way to describe it. And although I only listened for half a minute or so I did get the feeling there was more than one recorded track. Not sure if I have enough interest in this guy though to go back and give it a full listen.

The guy of this style that I first became acquainted with is a guy named Ben Lacy. We were both booked into the same multi-stage outdoor festival, and when I came down the steps off stage after our set, the show producer was waiting for me and said "are you going over to hear Ben Lacy?". I said "who's Ben Lacy!"

Needless to say I was flabbergasted and amazed at what he did.

very nice...

and interestingly enough. third guy from the left is none other than Alex DeGrassi, next to him Ed Gerhard.

If you guys have NEVER checked these 2 guys out, I would urge it...

They are incredible players...

Archived