Gibson Brands Forums

hot chicks and guitars

buddy light

Jailbait is jailbait is jailbait.

apart from that, she's pretty good. She seems nervous in a lot of her videos, and some her clean tones are iffy (could just be youtube shitty sound quality), but she's got some good chops, can't argue with that.

Have a look at this PJ Harvey video. She is so hot and she rocks!!http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=l4_ZLuPBHnM&feature=related

I've never listened to her stuff. This song is pretty cool. I'll check out more of her stuff. Does she always look like the female version of Mick Jagger?

I'm not saying she doesn't exude some raw sexuality. I just couldn't kiss her without thinking I was kissing Mick.

I've never listened to her stuff. This song is pretty cool. I'll check out more of her stuff. Does she always look like the female version of Mick Jagger?

I'm not saying she doesn't exude some raw sexuality. I just couldn't kiss her without thinking I was kissing Mick.

To quote Cleveland: "Awww, that's nasty."

No, sometimes she actually comes across as uber-hot. I could avoid the Mick Jagger thoughts easily with her. Now, kissing Liv Tyler (as friggin' sweltering as I think she is) would be hard without getting her daddy's face in my mind...ugh. Oh well, that was nice while it lasted...lol

H-Bomb

To quote Cleveland: "Awww' date=' that's nasty."

No, sometimes she actually comes across as uber-hot. I could avoid the Mick Jagger thoughts easily with her. Now, kissing Liv Tyler (as friggin' sweltering as I think she is) would be hard without getting her daddy's face in my mind...ugh. Oh well, that was nice while it lasted...lol

H-Bomb[/quote']

Sorry H Bomb! I do agree with you, but couldn't resist!

She's really good, multi instrumentalist, been around since the early nineties. I think in this video she's doing her best Mick Jagger impersonation, but i don't think Jagger ever looked that good.

Look at what the VIRGIN had to say about the girl playing GnR:

"You're playing good and I'll learn from this one, but I have to admit:

Your left hand seem to look very crazy and bizarre to me. I think Slash doesn't play that weird, his fingers are strong I guess. Have a good one! 5*"

Only Slash whores are capable of such amazing displaying of nerdyness...

so I am not understading what the reason is behind recording a video of yourself playing a guitar to a tune on youtube. Thousands play other peoples tunes on the club circuit every weekend. Wanna impress someone do a original tune.

Yeah, who the hell does covers? Oh except these guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAG-kX_IlUw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYwZ8I8wOGA

Yeah, no point in doing covers.

always a exceptio to the rules' date=' I am talking about sitting in your room and turning on a camera; not going on stage and playing the entire song.[/quote']

Well, short of the ability of going into a bar as an underaged, unheard of solo artist, what else do you expect someone who wants to perform to do? If you maybe wanted to say her covers were bland and unoriginal carbon copies of the songs, then that's fine. But saying that there isn't any creative merit, hell, any merit at all in playing covers is ridiculous. For a lot of people there's no difference between playing in a bar and playing on youtube. What's so spectacularly difficult about playing in a bar again? A few tens, maybe a hundred or so people hear you at a time, most of whom are already drunk and barely listening anyway? This chick has over 10,000 views on one of her videos. It's all the same thing; whether you're being watched by a tone deaf drunk or a cold camera lens, you're still on a stage displaying your talent. You're still putting yourself up for open criticism from the masses, which is a hard thing for a lot of people to do, especially a lot of teenagers.

tl;dr don't dismiss youtube as an "easy alternative" to "real" performing. because whether you're in a bar or in front of a camera, you're still saying "here's what I can do, and I think it's pretty cool. I hope you do too"

Archived