Gibson Brands Forums

Tasty Gibson tidbit

mountainpicker

Glad to see you were only half not pulling our leg on that one, and after some Jim Hensonism, we were treated to some good playing. And if you weren't distracted by the fiddle/violinist, there was some nice slide being played on a great beat black 30's 12 fret burst.(Ry on a Roy?)

Glad to see you were only half not pulling our leg on that one, and after some Jim Hensonism, we were treated to some good playing. And if you weren't distracted by the fiddle/violinist, there was some nice slide being played on a great beat black 30's 12 fret burst.(Ry on a Roy?)

I would say you're right: Ry on a Roy

And this folks, is a great demo why you really need a pickguard on a a guitar.

If that's a Smeck, it would originally have had the 30's-style pickguard, and the top of the guitar would have been bare (no finish) underneath that. It's hard to know how much of that "damaged" look on Ry Cooder's guitar is really damage, and how much is bare wood where the pickguard would have been.

But I agree with you, in any case. Not a big fan of the "Trigger" look for any guitar.

Translate for us North Americans, please.

There's a great new phrase for you to use on all appropriate occasions and astound your friends with your grasp of English - So whenever you wish to put some emphasis into a remark about encouraging someone to put in some more effort - shout "give it some wellie mate" Kudos [thumbup]

There's a great new phrase for you to use on all appropriate occasions and astound your friends with your grasp of English - So whenever you wish to put some emphasis into a remark about encouraging someone to put in some more effort - shout "give it some wellie mate" Kudos [thumbup]

As we used to say in my business, "England, America, and Australia are three nations separated by a common tongue".

Archived