Gibson Brands Forums

One of those 'way back when' stories.

Homz

Is it just my imagination or has the U.S. become a bunch of sissies? Here in Indiana we get 7 to 10 inches of snow and you'd of thought the whole world stopped spinning. 'Way back when' I was a kid we would walk a mile through driving blizzards up hill in both directions just to deliver a news paper. Come on people get off your fat rears and go shovel your walk way.

Not just the united states man... here is the same. People are becoming so lazy... I guess some 20 years from now we will have fridge-microwave-toilet-couch devices (like those seen in that movie "idiocracy".

Thanks to the internet the world has become a very small place, which is good and bad. 25 years ago, you needed someone in china to sign a document, it took time for it to arrive there and then come back here, if you called them you would be lucky to get conected and then the audio would be so lame you would have spent your money for nothing. Right now you can talk to your friends in irak while ordering pizza online and buying books a guitar, toothbrushes a ferrari and TP from the same internet site.

So, people is becoming dumber and lazier because there is no need to do anything anymore. Wonder what will happen when we run out of ants.

I did that in Utah. After the snow plows went thru the drifts were about 12' tall. Burying the cars. I could stay out in it all day long. But this Eastern cold is a damp cold Even the fogs rolling in can get you soken wet and cold real quick. I'd reather be back out where they have that dry cold. Also we have to deal with a deverse range of people whom has never seen snow before. Man talk about a headache. =P~

While you ladies sit and discuss how lazy everyone else has become, I've been moving supplies from the shop to the well-house, leveling a 250 foot length of ground in preparation for fencing another 2500 square feet of garden space, picking up limbs and branches from the north side of the property to start a fire under the stumps we removed from the garden space. I came in for a cuppa and thought I'd check in and see how things were going among you guitarists. But I'm afraid it's back to the grind for me, break time's over. Got a garage door opener to install and some posts to concrete-in. I know, I know, that's all just a couple hours work for you young, strong bucks and it's a whole day's work for my old butt. I'll admit it, I'm slower than I used to be. Anymore I don't have time for talking about who's lazy and stuff. It cuts into my work time. :-

Not just the united states man... here is the same. People are becoming so lazy... I guess some 20 years from now we will have fridge-microwave-toilet-couch devices (like those seen in that movie "idiocracy".

Thanks to the internet the world has become a very small place' date=' which is good and bad. 25 years ago, you needed someone in china to sign a document, it took time for it to arrive there and then come back here, if you called them you would be lucky to get conected and then the audio would be so lame you would have spent your money for nothing. Right now you can talk to your friends in irak while ordering pizza online and buying books a guitar, toothbrushes a ferrari and TP from the same internet site.

So, people is becoming dumber and lazier because there is no need to do anything anymore. Wonder what will happen when we run out of ants.[/quote']

Is it possabddle

Back in the early '90s we had an ice storm in North Carolina, it shut the whole freakin state down...I worked for Sprint at the time and was lucky enough to have a 4w drive chevy truck, I had to pull cops out of the ditch on my way to work. I was one of only about 10 people that made it in to run the phones that day. In Colorado, it's no big deal, you just scrape off the windshield and go (and hope that your wife has shoveled off the driveway before you get home).

Hey, I walked my *** 20 minutes to class this morning through at least a half of foot of snow while it was STILL snowing. **** hasn't changed since way back when. The young generation just *****es less about the weather than you crotchety old folks.

it's what i call the "disney channel generation"

everything is just peachy all the time, and if it ain't, then b!%ch and complain and do nothing at all to change the circumstances. most of these kids just refuse to man up, they just accept society as it is and let it steamroll over them.

it's a society of whiny slaves imho

it's what i call the "disney channel generation"

everything is just peachy all the time' date=' and if it ain't, then b!%ch and complain and do nothing at all to change the circumstances. most of these kids just refuse to man up, they just accept society as it is and let it steamroll over them.

it's a society of whiny slaves imho

.02[/quote']

=D>

Archived