Gibson Brands Forums

lp standard 2015 vs lp traditional 2016 t

hoross

I recently bought a Gibson Les Paul standard 2015 altough i miss something from the lp traditional 2015,so i think i wanna resell my lp standard 2015 and change it for a traditional 2016 t but how is the traditional 2016 t compared to the standard 2015?

Unfortunately i cannot find any stores here that have the traditional 2016 t in stock..someone..any idea

Uhhhhm, ok.....

What exactly is missing on your 15 Standard?

Depending on that, the Traditional could be better suited for you or not.

And you meant to say 16 Traditional HP, right?

Because if I remember right you loved the superiority of the 2015 Les Paul's features over almost any other years.

Has yours some finish flaws or the likes, is that the reason for reselling it? What is it that you don't like about it?

Any pics?

I recently bought a Gibson Les Paul standard 2015 altough i miss something from the lp traditional 2015,so i think i wanna resell my lp standard 2015 and change it for a traditional 2016 t but how is the traditional 2016 t compared to the standard 2015?

Unfortunately i cannot find any stores here that have the traditional 2016 t in stock..someone..any idea

You are checking & comparing specs of these models right? It will save an awful lot more volatile purchases.

Hello!

All the info is available by clicking on the "Gibson.com" tab in the upper-left corner of the screen.

To make it easier for You...

The 2016 Trad. T: http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2016/USA/Les-Paul-Traditional.aspx

The 2015 Standard: http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2015/USA/Les-Paul-Standard.aspx

Good luck... Bence

Check out the specs that btoth76 posted. One major differance from the 2015 line and the 2016 HP is the width of the fretboard/neck. even thought the 2016 HP models have a wider fretboard/neck than the T series, the 2015 necks are still a bit wider than the 2016 HP necks.

well i dont like the push pull knobs all those sounds makes me pretty nervous since im playing mid 80s glam rock but still i love that les paul standard altough i really should try somewhere the les paul traditional t to see how it feels. Unfortunately the price of the HP models are too high so right now all i can afford is a traditional model.

well i dont like the push pull knobs all those sounds makes me pretty nervous since im playing mid 80s glam rock but still i love that les paul standard altough i really should try somewhere the les paul traditional t to see how it feels. Unfortunately the price of the HP models are too high so right now all i can afford is a traditional model.

Don't get rid of the 2015, that thing is gonna be worth a lot of money one day... just kidding.

If you like your Standard, you can always swap out the pots and wire it up to suit your needs.

Ohh man.. another one....

Hoross you do realise how crazy you sound? You went on and on and on and on about how amazing the 2015s were now you want to sell it cos you feel something is missing?

I know you cant try them and that's a tough situation to be in... I think you have two choices.. Make a journey somewhere you can try some, I reckon it would be worth it... Or you just gotta keep taking a chance buying stuff online which is sadly always going to be hit or miss...

But regardless of that.. you should stop generalising everything.. getting the right tone from your guitar is a life long search for some people.. Constantly trying amps and pedals and various guitars and then a combination of all of those things.. Let alone putting the practice in to really perfect the techniques that you need to sound like you want to which is FAR more important than the gear you use...

So if I were you id stop trying to find the best guitar ever by reading stuff online, all guitars are unique, even guitars that are the same make and model and especially any guitar that is hand finished (like a Gibson). And all guitars feel different to each person so our opinion really means nothing when it comes to your requirements.

I do hope you find your "one" in the end... Im lucky I live in London which has a wealth of guitar shops, ive tried hundreds (maybe even thousands) over the years.. I know not everyone is in that position.

You right Rabs

Somehow i some many videos and many people being happy with the new traditionals 2016.

And im still loving my traditionals 2014 and 2015 no regrets and no regrets of the standard 2015 but i need sell one of them to buy an lp traditional 2016 but is it worth it? dont know will have to try.

You right Rabs

Somehow i some many videos and many people being happy with the new traditionals 2016.

And im still loving my traditionals 2014 and 2015 no regrets and no regrets of the standard 2015 but i need sell one of them to buy an lp traditional 2016 but is it worth it? dont know will have to try.

Yup... And you know what is the worst thing about all of this...

As you change and grow and get more experience (or just get older) your taste changes... Just when you think you got it right all of a sudden something is wrong and it all starts all over again... [rolleyes] [rolleyes]

In some ways you cant win... Its why I personally have never really been a tone chaser.. I have no pedals apart from a Wha and a looper.. I get the sounds I want by playing with the controls on the guitar and the amp (and changing my pick attack) Its always seemed to be good enough for me :) (I only got my first tube amp one and a half years ago).

edit: actually there is one way to win, have one of everything ;) (but most of us cant afford that option (or have the space) :()

I have had a few dozen guitars and a few dozen amps over the years. I realised I sounded incredibly similar whatever I used.

You will sell your 2015 losing money on it. Then buy the 2016 and then sell that at a loss. We have all been there, we are never satisfied. That is why Gibson are rich and we are not.

On that happy note....

Right said, Bob!

I have six guitars. Each is very different from the others. However, the biggest difference I can notice comes from their scale lenghts!!!

If You are obsessed with purchasing guitars, why don't You rather aim at diversity? Get a nice acoustic, or a jazzbox, a Firebird maybe.

You know, the recent sad anniversary of Steve Clark's passing reminded me about His brilliant recording technique. He triple-tracked His parts with different guitars. His signature sound comes from the tonal combination of a Les Paul, an SG, and a Firebird.

Bence.

You are checking & comparing specs of these models right? It will save an awful lot more volatile purchases.

It is not a LP but new for $ 1299 $ this Gibson Derek Trucks Signature SG Electric Guitar $1,299.95 ZZ Sound music is a heck of a deal.

Here is an option for ya, http://www.zzounds.com/item--GIBLPCSA15 I have a 2015 Gibson Les Paul Classic I'm planning on buying one of these LE Gibson Les Paul traditonal Classics and putting a set of EMG 57/66 in it.I'll Leave my 2015 Classic Stock and I have 2 other Les Pauls with active ZW EMG 81/85 in them. The EMG 57/66 are actives but with alinco II magnets. Another option is this 2016 Classic. http://www.zzounds.c...tem--GIBLPCSP16 But I'm deffantly getti the LE traditional Classic (the first link). But anyway. It's 2 more options and I'm sure there will be more to come in the next few months.

I had financially good times in my life, and others not that much.

I learned one thing during the bad times, work with what you have!

Right now you have 3 Les Pauls, what do you expect to be different about the 16?

Of course if you can afford it, and it makes you feel better go for it.

Everything cool, if it keeps you motivated you will play more, and in my book that is something good.

Others may correct me if I'm wrong but the only differences between your 14 and a 16 would be the wheight relieve and the pickups, right?

Alright i tried today a traditional 2016 t and boy am i glad i bought the les paul standard 2015 a total different guitar and believe me the 2014 and 2015 are much better in my hands then the 2016 traditional so i am glad i have these 3 guitars.My search for another is over im convinced now,amen to that lol.

Hello!

Seriously...

I try not to be quick with my judgement here at the Forums. Simply, because one never knows who is there on the other end of the line. I don't want to get into an uncomfortable situation to insult someone who has challenges in life. First, I thought, here we have the case of a confused teenager with little experience. But, I lost my patience at this point.

Excuse me... Bence

Archived