Gibson Brands Forums

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!

GuitarGod319

WOW..... thats insane. This means the premium plus's will probably be about $2,800.00 now due to the price increase. I don't get why honeyburst is $2,530.00 but Iced Tea is $2,300.00. It doesnt make sense considering both are bursts (just a different color burst). I bought my 2004 Standard in 04 for $1,663.00 w case brand new. Glad I got it when I did because a year or so later I noticed the price was raised to $2.300.00.

ok Gibson.first off you guys have issues bringing up the price of the LP Standard it was high enough before' date='and know you guys are making it harder for guys like me to get one. :D :-k

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Les-Paul-Standard-60s-Neck-Electric-Guitar?sku=517188[/quote']

I hear you dude. I'd say look for one used on Ebay or give Centre (sp?) City Music a call (Ask for Saul). I hear they have good service and great prices. The price of LPs was pretty crazy at 2 grand back in 2004 and now that its up to $2,500.00 its not even worth it. Before this last price increase you could get a Premium Plus Standard for about the same price as the regular standard they are offering now for $2,500.00.

I surf all the online music stores on a regular basis. Prices are increasing on many brands, not just Gibson. The increases are not just on guitars and basses either. Amplifiers are going up quite a bit as well. I have a 60 Watt all-tube amp that I paid $825.00 USD a couple of years ago that now sells for $950.00. I think I would have to spend an extra $1500.00 if I were to buy all my current gear at todays prices.

looks to me like Gibson's prices are spiraling out of control. on the SG alone, the price has gone up over 300 bucks in the past 2 years ( I bought my 06 Std for about 1200 new). That's a 25% increase! I guess I should be glad i bought when i did.

I also think it's hilarious how MF now lists all finishes of the Std Faded at 1759.99 when before tobacco was 1599.99 and the others were 1999.99. zzounds.com was 1599.99 for all finishes and now is the same as MF.

The really stupid thing about guitars costing so much more in Canada is that the Canadian dollar is at par with the US dollar, if it's not worth more.

LZ, when I was younger and before I was old enough to drive, a brand new Cadillac cost around 12K. 12k. Seemed pretty reasonable to me at the time. Now you can't touch one for less than 40. So I guess my point is to strike while the iron is hot, or at least before it has much of a chance to cool down - [-o<

I dont want to bite the hand that feeds me but...

I was told by an American friend of mine that Sam Ash execs wrote to Gibson a few years back.

They stated that either the quality goes up, or the prices come down...or we will no longer carry new Gibson

guitars.

We dont have Sam Ash here in Canada so I dont know much more then that.

I hear you dude. I'd say look for one used on Ebay or give Centre (sp?) City Music a call (Ask for Saul). I hear they have good service and great prices. The price of LPs was pretty crazy at 2 grand back in 2004 and now that its up to $2' date='500.00 its not even worth it. Before this last price increase you could get a Premium Plus Standard for about the same price as the regular standard they are offering now for $2,500.00.[/quote']

I can second that. I gave Saul a call to order my LP Standard Faded in January. He was super helpful, sent me a bunch of great detail pics of the guitar, and then gave me a hell of a deal. I didn't have to pay tax, the shipping rate was ridiculously reasonable and I had my guitar the next day. Yep NEXT DAY. I'll pay $100 for UPS overnight from San Diego any day over waiting for my guitar to be in stock and ship from MF or GC. www.ccitymusic.com look 'em up.

i posted something about this some days ago... but then i checked other stores (zzounds.com mainly) and they have the "regular" price... so, is MF trying to earn some extra $ at our expense?

Ok... cheecked again at zzounds and the prices have risen there too... gues we are lucky we bought before that...

i posted something about this some days ago... but then i checked other stores (zzounds.com mainly) and they have the "regular" price... so' date=' is MF trying to earn some extra $ at our expense?

Ok... cheecked again at zzounds and the prices have risen there too... gues we are lucky we bought before that...[/quote']

everyone except me!!!should I contact Gibson and put my foot down????

Archived