Gibson Brands Forums

'Kindhearted Woman'

BluesKing777

I was playing my real vintage 1937 Gibson L-0 and recorded my version of Robert Johnson's "Kindhearted Woman" to try and capture the guitar. Got it a bit, couldn't capture the old cigar smell.....

BluesKing777.

GibsonL-0onbench_zps0f738240.jpg

Wow outstanding! [thumbup]

That, to me, is the epitome of guitar playing. I can now honestly say I know just enough to know how little I know. I may need to sell my 3 guitars and buy an L-0. And lessons!

BK7 - you can quit your day job anytime now!

Amusing, if you listen to the lyrics - I think it was one of these 'Kindhearted Women' that murdered Robert Johnson. No autopsy, but as I remember - they suspected she and her husband poisoned him for messing with her.

Makes the song even more 'poignant'.

(BK - now that I've convinced you to quit your day job - Do you give lessons?)

Jim

Thanks there sincerely!

No lessons, I am a learner myself! Stefan Grossman, Kenny Sultan, Steve James, John Miller, Toby Walker, Ernie Hawkins, many others- have a look through their lessons and try to narrow it down to what you want to play. I went back to lessons with a teacher about 10 years ago, fearing I would be the old guy among kids. But NO, all hopeless old guitaristes wanting more! Except for these twins that were truly gifted, the rest of the students coming and going were my age and older, and the teacher was older than Methusalah! The cars out front were VERY different from when I did lessons when young! So, never too late, and I REALLY enjoyed it. After doing those and getting the practice discipline, learning from the dvds and downloads is easier, like looking at Teach in front of you, but they never rap your knuckles. He never knew who I was every week! But those downloadable lessons, that is just amazing. Pay and play!

BluesKing777.

Although you did all the heavy lifting - your teacher would be proud.

Thanks 40!

The last teacher I went to had lost his marbles but kept teaching guitar to pay the bills. Every week, he had no idea who I was, but happily launched into a new and probably irrelevant lesson every week, no paperwork but plenty homework. He was such a good guitarist that his hands and part of his mind that worked just kept playing! But he was old school rude and abnoxious still - he didn't but I could easily imagine him rapping some guitar player knuckles with his rulerand he certainly didn't mind upsetting or yelling at you! Bizarre!

That is the only missing element of online lessons....some good, some bad.

BluesKing777.

Archived