Gibson Brands Forums

What's for breakfast,lunch, or dinner?

Mr. Gibson

Went to a movie and stopped by a new place here. "Firehouse cafe" I had a turkey sub called Hook and Ladder. They use diff rent seasonings then other places, was pretty good. It was created by actual Firemen that started it. Then dinner was macaroni and cheese Deb made.

This is on the Epi Forum but I thought I'd pop it here just in case any of you here are interested.

Sundays I usually don't work!

It was raining on and off too but I was bored stupid and wanted to go somewhere, so we did!

Gael's sister Roz had told us about a great cafe at Lakes Entrance so we thought we's take the 35 minute drive down and try it out.

The weather had cleared by the time we got there and the sun was out and it looked lovely sitting opposite the North Arm. It was after 1pm when we got there and the cafe was relatively quiet by then.

It is named "The Boat Shed" and for such a massive boating area that name is entirely appropriate.

Initially when white man came to this area in 1840 there was an intermittent opening to the ocean, the vast lakes system being predominantly fresh water. In the late 1800's a permanent artificial opening was created giving port facilities to a coastline with no refuge for 100's of kilometres. It didn't take long for a fishing fleet to establish and that is now the biggest fleet in Australia. The Gippsland lakes are mostly salt water now and the lake system is the biggest salt system in Australia. This is all in my backyard!

IMG_1368_zpspbp7srzq.jpg

We sat outside first but when the sun was out it was impossible to sit there, it was just too hot so we came inside. The inside was small and unassuming with aquatic decor scattered around, the owners were middle age women, might I add, very capable middle aged women!

I ordered a caramel milkshake and a focaccia. The fillings were chicken, bacon, spinach and mature tasty cheese. There was an aioli to die for. The focacia was perfect! Not too thick & chewy and the fillings were delicious! My milk shake was gorgeous. It was a perfect Sunday lunch by the water!

IMG_1369_zpslsnigglz.jpg

It was such a nice day by then we moved the car to Bullock Island opposite the entrance and sat and read, boats coming and going all the while.

IMG_1370_zpshwfd18re.jpg

We will be going back to the Boat Shed again soon I would imagine!

I feel a little bit self-indulgent sharing these stories with you all here but also get comments that they are appreciated, so I guess I'll keep putting them up for you. I suppose it gives you a bit of a window into what life in Oz is like?

Well it's not the steaming hot desert that will kill you with all the man eating animals I thought it was before I met you, that's for certain. Lol. Actually Australia looks beautiful and a very nice place to visit and tour. Wish Deb and I could afford to go there some year. We almost went to Israel way back with our church group, then they had some fighting near Jerusalem with rocket explosions and a be heading I thought so it got canceled.

Well it's not the steaming hot desert that will kill you with all the man eating animals I thought it was before I met you, that's for certain. Lol. Actually Australia looks beautiful and a very nice place to visit and tour. Wish Deb and I could afford to go there some year. We almost went to Israel way back with our church group, then they had some fighting near Jerusalem with rocket explosions and a be heading I thought so it got canceled.

Our coasts are beautiful mate.

• Upvote 1

Two small slices of leftover La Casa pizza at brunch and a hamburger at Chillies around 3:00. Deb didn't want to cook and I was going to a movie with my son as his friend bailed out. Didn't care for another remake of King Kong. They needed to let it go, he looks more like he did in the 2nd movie. An upright man.

It was such a lovely night last night that we ditched out meal plans and had a simple BBQ (for a change). Opting for sausages, eggs & chips with a couple of bits of nice bread toasted on the grill.

Simply yummy!

This evening I had a huge ripe mango with yogurt then about 40 min later, rare slow-roasted peppered beef with carrots, cabbage, roast spuds and yorkshire puddings, mustard gravy and horseradish. Yum.

This is the 2nd post in this whole thread - edited slightly to include what I just ate. [thumbup][biggrin]

Tonight we had dinner at the Bowls Club in town. I had chicken breast with mustard sauce! Here you have buffets of hot veggies and salads and can help yourself. My chicken breast disappeared under a pile of lovely salads. The egg salad was to die for!

Great chefs!

Another BBQ last night as it was perfect outside, almost too warm but great to be cooking outside again.

No big deal just lamb chips and sausages with potatoes cooked in the BBQ and corn on the cob. A nice easy meal with a drink and some blues playing!

1489093104[/url]' post='1840422']

This is the 2nd post in this whole thread - edited slightly to include what I just ate. [thumbup][biggrin]

The Peppered beef sounds good. Share more JD. I love seeing what other people eat.

1489139111[/url]' post='1840522']

Turkey cheese mustard sandwich and a glass of chocolate milk

4H

Love turkey. That's got to be my favorite. I had a Reuben sandwich on Rye bread and sauerkraut with turkey on top. Very good for brunch. Dinner, Deb had a coupon for a free meal at Boston Market. Some guy came in and wiped them out of their turkey so Deb and I ate Rotisserie chicken breast with potatoes and long green beans and corn bread.