Gibson Brands Forums

LA Music

Tim Plains

Now granted, I haven't been in there for three months but let's see...over the past 15 months I've bought a Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson Les Paul Standard, Gibson SG Special GOTW, Gibson BFG, and a Marshall JCM 2000 with cabs A & B.

Aside from my own spending habits, I've also referred them to a few forum members and I know that LA has also gained some business because of my referrals...and LA knows it because they've thanked me several times.

I went in there this morning with $1,600 in my pocket looking for an Fender Tele Ash Deluxe. I've done my homework and know that these come in two colours, butterscotch & 2-tone burst, and both have a sticker price of $1,550 at Long & McQuade.

In the US, the sticker price on both is $1,375 (CG.com). Both colours cost the same.

So, they say the best they can do on a cash deal is offer me their Boxing Week special of 5% off.

Thanks, but no thanks. I walked out never to walk back in. That's a slap in the face.

Mike from LA Music...if you're out there reading this I'd just like you to know you've lost my business.

Mike from LA Music...if you're out there reading this I'd just like you to know you've lost my business.

And Mike from LA Music, if you're out there reading this, Tim is the one guy whose business I would want to have if I were selling guitars! :-k

I hear you Tim....

Remember the e-mail I sent you?....That Fulltone pedal I just bought for $330 from L&M cost $460 at LA Music.

I sent them a letter and received no response.

I have bought my LP Custom, My Peavey HP Special, My Alvarez Yairi and some assorted pedals from them.

This is the thanks I get??

I wont go back either. I honestly think the business isnt going well.

Did you give them a blast before you left the store?

Nice one, surfpup! :-k

blue, I hear ya. I thought that the more money you spend in a store the better they treat you. I guess it's the opposite in Mississauga.

guitarest, the Canadian dollar is worth $0.80 US and we have to pay an additional 13% at the border. It's not worth importing.

I don't know what's going on. You'd think with the economy tanking, prices might drop a bit to attract volume. I would have thought that businesses would want to take care of their customers. I know that the currency has made a difference and I expected that but I also think there is some gouging going on. I'm not just talking about music gear either.

As for LA Music...this is an example of "word of mouth" in the new age.

yep it's a weird time for music businesses right now but the reverse seems to be often the norm the GC and MF moved in killed off the smaller competition and now won't negotiate prices. Ok there plan worked but in todays economy thats what the used market is for. But the stores that treat you badly need to be cautious information technology has made word of mouth a global concern.

Tim, I hear you. They did the same to me at GC after I spent a lot of dollars on various things (guitars, amps, etc.). I get my stuff from HOG in Rochester now (great deals). Check them out. They gave me about 30% off the lowest price I've seen on the web for my Premium Plus. So even with the border tax it may be worth it to you...

Mike's a ****.

Just a friendly request. Could all you guys with the Heritage Cherry Sunbursts do something to your avatar so they all don't look the same. I know they don't look the same at more then a glance, but when scrolling through they become a blur. Perhaps having a half naked women hold your guitar or if you don't have access to a hot naked women perhaps you could photo shop your guitar on top of a pic of a hot naked woman. Or just the hot naked woman. You might hide the interesting parts.

Is she a red head?

No..lol!

Shes a cute little blonde. Shes always on the phone when you go in the store. My first impression of her?

Shes conceited, and very full of herself....but, I dont want to date her, I just want a peek at the beefy curtains.

Archived