Gibson Brands Forums

Dating your Boss

bluesguitar65

Dating your boss.

Hmmmmmm……..

[unsure]

Me: (sitting on the edge of the bed, and firing up a Marlboro) Hey, wake up. It’s almost three o’clock.

The Boss Lady: Hmmmnn. Oh, goodness. I must have drifted off for a little nap.

Me: Must’ve been those martinis from lunch. Gin makes me sleepy too. Say, go ahead and get dressed will you? If you want a ride back to the office with me you’d better get a move on.

The Boss Lady: What’s the rush? Can’t we stay here a little bit longer? (runs her lacquered fingernails dreamily across my back) And besides, I’m the CEO of the company. I could call my admin gal and let her know we are off on some logistics thing.

Me: Naw. I got business to tend to. Somebody up in Sales is gonna get a pink slip this afternoon. And from what I hear, if I don’t catch him before 4:00 he’ll have already disappeared for the afternoon.

The Boss Lady: (getting up out of bed and padding to the bathroom) Ouch, that’s harsh. Who is it?

Me: Somebody named Johnson.

The Boss Lady: Bill Johnson? He’s been with the company for 14 years!! (sounds of tinkling coming from behind the bathroom door)

Me: Yeah. And he was productive for just ten of those 14 years. He’s gotta go, he’s deadwood. He’s dragging the company down.

The Boss Lady: (exiting the bathroom and getting dressed) Shame. He’s got 3 kids.

Me: Hope they’ve all paper-routes. Somebody’s gonna have to buy the groceries at the Johnson house.

The Boss Lady: (staring for just a moment) You really enjoy this line of work, don’t you?

Me: (mashing out the cigarette in a bedside ashtray) Somebody’s got to do it. Why not me? And besides, you hired me to be an efficiency expert. This is what efficiency looks like.

The Boss Lady: But it’s so, …..so mercenary.

Me: Look. I bet you live in a nice big house on a nice exclusive street. And I bet that at least twice a week you roll your trash out to the curb in the morning, and then later on when you come home from work, the trash is all gone. Right?

The Boss Lady: Yeah, sure.

Me: (slipping on the sports coat, and standing by the hotel room door with the keys)

Well, the trash doesn’t just haul itself away. Somebody’s got to actually do the deed, so that your nice little street stays nice and tidy. Get it? The trash man gets paid to do it. Same with cops and soldiers. Somebody’s always going to get paid to do the distasteful jobs that everybody else wants to take for granted.

The Boss Lady: Well, I guess.

Me: And it’s the same with civic leader, Mayors, Governors, and elected bureaucrats. Somebody’s always going to get paid to make the tough decisions and take care of the distasteful details that everyone else wants to take for granted, and even criticize.

The Boss Lady: And that’s where the Efficiency Experts come in?

Me: That’s right, boss lady. And that’s me. Just think of me as a sort of street-sweeper. A street-sweeper in a $700 suit.

The Boss Lady: (collecting her purse and pausing for a moment in the open doorway) Fair enough, then. Say, do you think you’d like to come by my house some time? I could cook you a nice steak or something.

Me: Naw, I’ll pass. Thank you, though.

The Boss Lady: But why not? I think we could really be something together.

Me: I don’t need a woman hanging on my gun-arm. You’d only slow me down and get in the way.

The Boss Lady: Well, do you think we could have lunch every now and then, and maybe, uh, like this….?

Me: Yeah, sure. Sounds like a plan. I’ll call you whenever.

We exit the hotel room, and the door closes behind us with a decided *click*.

And behind the double-paned mirror, the electronic surveillance gear steadily continues to film the now-empty hotel room.

[crying] :unsure: [scared] :mellow:

88792956_592fa03592_z.jpg?zz=1

There you go. Yes this is the one and it works. I bought a set of boss pedals over the weekend and all are dated early to mid 80s. Thanks!!

You are welcome!

I am a big fan of Ibanez boxes. This is my little collection:

HPIM5004_zpsa1e403c2.jpg

Plus this one missing from the photo above:

HPIM4972_zpsa029ab1d.jpg

Probably, the best noise gate ever.

Bence.

Archived