Gibson Brands Forums

Funny CL Ad

glp2012

Here's the link: http://ventura.craigslist.org/msg/5630498346.html and here is the text...my emphasis in the text.

I have a black Fender Strat made in Mexico that has been sitting for a long time. I offered it to my step son as a high school graduation present but he was more interested in a game stop gift card instead because he said rock guitar is dead. Meanwhile my nephew graduated from the 8th grade and I was informed that I needed to buy him a gift card also so I am selling the guitar for $200 or 2 $100 game stop gift cards. No scammers, cash or gift cards only in person. Email contact only with your name, email, and number.

I don't think rock guitar is dead, but I think it stopped breathing a while ago and nobody knows how to resuscitate it...

Where I was last night there were about a dozen bands playing a fairly consistent mix of 'guitar' rock across alternate, heavy, folk, straight ahead, etc... And some fine musicians playing to a coupla hundred punters I'd guess..... So it seemed alive enough from that perspective

But...

I'd say the vast majority of band members and crowd were aged 35-55, so in 10 years time who knows if it'll still be going as strong.

I like it when people sell stuff on Craigslist and tell the whole long-winded personal story about why they're selling it. Funny! [thumbup]

I've seen some ads locally where the guys blame their wives like "the wife says I have too many guitars". Puhlease. [lol]

Archived