Gibson Brands Forums

Batt-O-Meter

BluesKing777

I have a normal battery/bulb tester, but I would have liked to see this unit before - Batt-O-Tester plugs in by guitar type plug, so you can check you guitar/gadget battery WITHOUT removing the battery! Avoid starting that gig with a semi flat about to go flat and buzz and crackle and stop....

Another urgent Needful Thing.... [thumbup] [thumbup] [biggrin]

https://www.keithmcmillen.com/press/kmi-introduces-batt-o-meter-first-battery-tester-musicians-batt-o-meter-prevents-onstage-disasters-saves-time-money-environment/

Scroll down this page to Batt=O=Meter:

https://www.keithmcmillen.com/products/accessories/

BluesKing777.

I like this line:

Batt-O-Meter is both simple to use and rugged. It’s inventor Keith McMillen says, “There are five levels of electronic reliability: consumer, commercial, military, NASA… and then there’s rock and roll.”

: ) .

OK, I'm posting on this thread despite my relative disinterest in the topic. I keep opening it because I keep reading it as Butt-O-Meter and wonder what the hey every time I see it. Age phenomenon or just dead brain cells? 😒

OK, I'm posting on this thread despite my relative disinterest in the topic. I keep opening it because I keep reading it as Butt-O-Meter and wonder what the hey every time I see it. Age phenomenon or just dead brain cells? 😒

Freudian override, "Donald"?

That's ok; I thought Zombywoof's thread title was "Strange Contraception".

To my guess the Batt-O-Meter will only work with TRS jacks using the ring for power switching. None of my hybrid guitar does due to their stereo output for magnetic and piezo signals. There is no access to supply voltage via simply plugging a cable.

Anyway, the Fender Nashville Power Telecaster's battery compartment has an integrated low battery warning LED. Except for my SG Supra calling for backplate removal through unscrewing seven screws, my hybrids allow for battery replacement within seconds. Unpacking the replacement battery is the most time-consuming part. [biggrin]

Then I always have a replacement battery per hybrid guitar with me.

My Martin D18E Retro (onboard Aura system) will chew through some 9 volt square batteries - same goes for the floor pedal, so I use the power adapter for that but it is not an option on the guitar. The Aura system has a clever idea though - a led flashes that you have ONE HOUR of battery juice left. Way better than the Baggs in my Blues King which just stops working whenever it likes!

I have a battery tester from an electronics shop, but it only has a needle on a pie chart type of indicator - green, plenty of charge; yellow, oh, oh, look out; red, well ...phoofed!

The Batt-O-Meter Tester would be real handy for those Baggs bags instead of loosening strings and reaching in to just check the battery.....which just doesn't happen until it konks because it is all too hard.

BluesKing777.

Its yet another reason why I like the Fishman Matrix Infinity so much. It comes with a red light that you cant miss which goes off when you have less than 5 hours of playing before it goes dead.

Still has that stupid battery bag though!

My 50s LGs have passive undersaddle pickups (No stupid battery) that are great when using the Aura box and Boss box - I have been trying to find out which is the Fishman u/s and which is the Martin Thinline u/s - one is twice as loud and I want to get that one for my 000-17 because it is great for the input levels and minimising hiss. I rang the tech but got the assistant...will try later.

BluesKing777.

Still has that stupid battery bag though!

My 50s LGs have passive undersaddle pickups (No stupid battery) that are great when using the Aura box and Boss box - I have been trying to find out which is the Fishman u/s and which is the Martin Thinline u/s - one is twice as loud and I want to get that one for my 000-17 because it is great for the input levels and minimising hiss. I rang the tech but got the assistant...will try later.

BluesKing777.

No issue with the battery bag, totally hidden.

Archived