Gibson Brands Forums

Thursday song ? BBg

blindboygrunt

Now that is just brilliant.....

A nice distraction from so many things.

"Screen door slams - Mary's dress waves" is one of the most visually beautiful poetic opening lines ever written.

You ain't a beauty but hey you're alright and that's alright with me , gets to me every time i sing it

The songs fantastic .

Stu, you really put this one across. Really enjoyed it. Had almost forgotten about this song. It deserves the sincerity and emotion that you put into it........Springsteen did some real serious writing on this song. To me, the song is so damn good that's it's scary. Who the hell else writes like this? Maybe Tom Waits on some of his stuff. Springsteen's approach borders on the mystical. The guy forgets all the politically correct pretenses so many people have and writes the way we talk and feel. "You ain't a beauty but hey you're alright and that's alright with me."---that line is as human as you can get. The entire songs is brilliant. And while almost all songs about love center on the young, this one centers on people growing older, maturing, and accepting things for what they are. ......You and Bruce killed this one, Stu. [thumbup] [thumbup]

Archived