Gibson Brands Forums

I regret I don't Sound Like Stevie Wonder

MorrisrownSal

Sal, it's natural to nitpick when you listen to your own voice...that's how it is for everyone. I thought you did a really nice job.

Yikes... I listened back. Perhaps this should have been left on the cutting room floor... it's private now.

To those who didn't hear it... you're welcome!

Dan it's one of the daddario tuners. They are cheap and work well if you change the battery to a Duracell.

I like it, Sal! Made me smile while listening...........is that not the point of making music? I like the song choice.......not a tune one would expect from an acoustic guitar. Well done!

Most of us are our own worse critic and we hear what we do differently than other listeners. But keep in mind that none of us are auditioning for first chair with the Met.......we're just doing what we love with the tools and talents we have and getting up the cojones to let our flag fly. You're doing just fine, Sal.

ps.............did you ever put that decal on your guitar?

I thought it was rather excellent in all respects. Your confidence clearly grew as you went into the song, a few wobbly bits in beginning but sounding really strong after, i could definitely here Stevie in there.

This would be a great song to try with the play acoustic vocal harmoniser possibly at a live gig, might take a look at it.

Very good Sal. [thumbup]

Archived