Gibson Brands Forums

Forum Friends!

Digger

I'm very excited today!

I received an email from my Sydney mate Stuart (Eggs) yesterday telling us they are coming for a visit. That news would normally be received enthusiastically except we are not going to be here, having organised a trip away with 3 other couples. Next week we are heading down to Mallacoota our holiday spot for a week, and it's been hard to get a date that suits everybody so we daren't change things now.

Last night Stu mailed me to say that they will join us for a few days at Mallacoota and that is fantastic news AND it means that at last I will get to go fishing with him!!

This is an example of forum friends becoming real (good) friends in real life!

Those that have cycled through the Epiphone forum along the way might recognise this:

Eggs_zpspjb99ztx.jpg

Fishing, yes, but watch out for, uh, those other things. msp_scared.gif And cheers to Eggs! But wait, no travel guitars? No jam session in Mallaacoooottaa? unsure.gif

There will certainly be guitars there and if I can talk my dog into travelling in the boat, I may take 2.

One of the couples going with us started a local Blues festival and both play and sing. Stu's bring an acoustic and I'm hoping to fit at least one guitar in myself, maybe two??

Good food, good booze and good music, well music anyway, but best of all great company...what more could you ask for?

A camera to take a pic of you playing (or holding) one of your guitars?

Best wishes then Dig, regards to Eggs!

Yeah holding more likely, and I will do that for you as will I send him your regards. Speaking of guitars it's drizzling outside and I've done all I can packing the boat for now, so maybe it's time to make some decisions about guitars and stuff. Perhaps seeing if I can still tune 'em might be a good start. Then perhaps practice a few chords?

Oh my goodness, I might "almost" qualify as a member of a guitar forum if I'm lucky~

Cheers JD.

I suppose years of "talking" in these places builds up a relationship and a knowledge of the other person and so when you meet them you have already done the getting to know you thing.

I know when Stuart and I met for the first time and we were having dinner with his family, it must have seemed strange to his kids, this stranger sitting there and knowing so much about them and their lives in general. Then we exchanged emails regularly for a few years too.

I've only met a couple of people from other forums briefly and they seemed really nice too.

There have been some conversations about Pat, Tweed 2 and his lovely wife coming down for a visit with Stu, and if that happens Gael and I will certainly head back to Sydney for that.

It's only a 7 hour drive from here anyway.

1486677935[/url]' post='1833813']

One of the couples going with us started a local Blues festival and both play and sing. Stu's bring an acoustic and I'm hoping to fit at least one guitar in myself, maybe two??

Good food, good booze and good music, well music anyway, but best of all great company...what more could you ask for?

Great weather! Have a good time on vacation and great fishing too. I'd like to see you holding one of your guitars too.

Archived