Gibson Brands Forums

2018 LP Classic... With P90s

Rabs

The Pelham Blue doesn't look as good as I thought it would. A very harsh contrast with the mahogany and not sure about the black plastic parts. That just solidified my decision to buy a goldtop one. Of course, now I have to wait until I can afford one!

You're not the only one disappointed on that; I was thinking it was going to be very different. I don't know if it's the photography or the black plastics throwing off the look a bit. I'm going to wait until I see one in the flesh maybe and judge up close. The black plastics would not last that's for sure.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Pelham Blue doesn't look as good as I thought it would. A very harsh contrast with the mahogany and not sure about the black plastic parts. That just solidified my decision to buy a goldtop one. Of course, now I have to wait until I can afford one!

The Pelham blue one needs "cream" (or even White) colored plastics, IMHO. Black is too dark="funereal," for that color! [tongue][biggrin]

The Gold Top, is to die for!! [love][thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

CB

I have to say, this is the most positive reaction to a new Gibson product I've seen here in a long time. I've been wanting one in the exact spec for several years now, and it looks like I'm not alone. Based on the reaction here, I'd guess it'll be a hot seller. My American Standard Tele is going up on Reverb next week to help fund my 2018 Classic.

And so is Sweetwater in the USA, priced at $2,000.

I am in the process of selling some gear and when I make space most likely I will be buying one of these.

Oooooo..... and interest free financing. Cha ching! I don't want P90s though. Surely a humbucker version is imminent.

There is a current humbucker version but probably has weight relief. Those are $1800 now.

AMS is showing a 2018 Trad Standard with the most of same specs as the Classic - non weight relief, ABR bridge, aluminum tailpiece - but with BB1 and BB2 pickups.... It's $2400 and no gold top.

https://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-GIB-LPTD18-HSNH1

Archived