Gibson Brands Forums

J45 in the fold again

MorrisrownSal

Dang it fellers, all this burst talk and J45 chat sure makes it tough on a seller.

I wasn’t playing it that much, but every time I did, I thought “boy, this sure sounds good...why don’t I play it more”? As I aged, I became more comfortable with small body guitars, and after playing them a while, I started to appreciate their appeal tone-wise as well, and some I find to be as loud or louder than a big guitar. Maybe it’s guitar laziness, as I’m still active and energetic in other pursuits, but it just became easier and more comfortable to reach for a 000 than the J45.

Not sure where all this is going. I’m very glad I owned the J45, but I think Sal will make better use of it than I did. Glad it’s in the hands of a good guy, and someone who is as much of a guitar fanatic as I am.

Roger

Well... then there's always another one to be sought.. fear not! things have a way of working out!

Good deal Sal.. Those are fine guitars for sure.. If I buy one more acoustic tho.. I'm pretty sure the wife will start looking for rehab programs to toss me in to.

• 3 weeks later...

Just circling back....

Russo's set this up with a nice new bone nut, fresh setup, bone saddle and pins, and replaced the tulips with Kluson Tone Pros.

The guitar sounds fantastic, and it looks great in my opinion. (Sorry Kelly - I added an LMII pickguard). It currently has Curt Mangan PB Light Mediums - which sound great but feel very taught. I may put sunbeams on her next time around, or just plain Gibson strings.

hXXsY6ml.jpg

NLmxlvMl.jpg

zBgJK3Zl.jpg

Damn Straight I have my own Custom Model. Thank You Philadelphia Luthiers!

Grunt - I use IMGUR.

From my mac or PC I can embed. I click on the picture after I upload it, and then see this screen (where I can choose the size of the embed, and get a link to paste onto the forum)

XiXGmYll.png

I have NOT been able to figure out how to do it from the ios app - which sucks.

Archived