Gibson Brands Forums

Studio Lite

LarryUK

I keep looking at new Les Paul's and then I pick this up and I feel ok again. If you take the beading off a Trad/Standard this is what it is. It plays great.

I do wonder whether to change the bridge pickup though. I had a Charvel So Cal with a DiMarzio Tone Zone in the bridge. It was such an 'open' pickup.

So bright and full. What do you think?

26112307_10214722612801881_8622410663231775473_n.jpg?oh=72c3f7a1ed40efd2161734af7be387c6&oe=5AF6F53E

25659830_10214722613041887_5635035053525368662_n.jpg?oh=b3875a8397d0864f76db79a1417ee4b9&oe=5AC4DC24

What year is that Studio Lite? I have a 1993 that has a 3 piece top in a trans amber finish and I love it. They are so light compared to my other Les Pauls. The weight relief on mine is that it is filled with Balsa wood versus the various chambering that has been used over the years.

I do wonder whether to change the bridge pickup though. I had a Charvel So Cal with a DiMarzio Tone Zone in the bridge. It was such an 'open' pickup.

So bright and full. What do you think? quote]

My buddy just replaced some DiMarzio's in his Musicman. Says there too hot. I responded, that's what the volume and tone are for. Long story short...I have me a set of nice DiMarzio's without a guitar at this point. Thinking about puttin them in an Ibanez Artist semi-hollow.

It's a beautiful guitar and if you don't like the sound of a particular pickup, you can change it since it's yours. I think you'll find that it doesn't have regular wiring and probably has a PCB. Back in my day, a lot of us were replacing our bridge pickup with DiMarzios. You may have to try to get one with the QuickConnect plug or find an adapter or some way to make the new pickup work. Good luck!

It's a beautiful guitar and if you don't like the sound of a particular pickup, you can change it since it's yours. I think you'll find that it doesn't have regular wiring and probably has a PCB. Back in my day, a lot of us were replacing our bridge pickup with DiMarzios. You may have to try to get one with the QuickConnect plug or find an adapter or some way to make the new pickup work. Good luck!

It was made in 93 and has traditional wiring. When I got it I believe I was the first to pop the back plates off. They were stuck down with red polish. As they use in the factory. I think the top is maple. It's a great guitar to play though. Very smooth neck.

Archived