Gibson Brands Forums

USA Gibson Firebird Zero in Pelham Blue $319

RevDavidLee

Gibson-Firebird-Zero-Pelham2-800x280.jpg

Deal ends in 15 minutes. Yes I ordered one. :)

Firebird Zero is new for 2017. This stunning Firebird Zero was designed around Gibson's S Series, with rigorous standards of quality and innovation. It's Made in USA, with American craftsmanship that is second to none, featuring superior quality, tone, and playability, and a unique design that will make heads turn.

The Firebird Zero features a nitrocellulose finish, with a new Nitro Light Gloss for the body and a Nitro satin finish for the neck. It employs a glued-in neck, which is made of one piece of solid maple with a slim taper profile, topped with a one-piece solid rosewood fingerboard. Solid wood for the body and completely new, modern, Made in USA, Double Slug DS-C humbuckers complete the picture for a guitar that delivers the absolute best value out there and amazing quality, tone and playability.

FEATURES

Body

Body shape: Firebird

Body type: Solid Body

Body material: Solid Poplar

Top wood: Solid Poplar

Body wood: Solid Poplar

Body finish: Select finish

Orientation: Right Hand

Neck

Neck shape: Slim Taper

Neck wood: Maple

Joint: Set Neck

Scale length: 24.75

Truss rod: Single Action

Neck finish: Select finish

Fretboard

Material: Rosewood

Radius: Slim Taper

Fret size: Medium

Number of frets: 22

Inlays: Dot

Nut width: 1.695"

Pickups

Configuration: Dual Humbuckers

Neck: Made in USA double slugs DS-C Rhythm

Middle: N/A

Bridge: Made in USA double slugs DS-C Lead

Brand:Gibson

Active or passive: Passive

Series or parallel:

Piezo: No

Active EQ:

Special electronics:

Controls

Control layout: 1 tone, 1 volume

Pickup switch: 3-way switch

Coil tap or split: No

Kill switch: No

Hardware

Bridge type: Adjustable Wraparound

Bridge design:

Tailpiece:

Tuning machines: Mini-buttons

Color: Chrome

Other

Number of strings: 6

Special features: None

Case: Gigbag

Accessories: Owners Manual, Truss Rod Wrench

Country of origin: USA

After spending the evening with her - I am pleased with this purchase. The playability, fit & finish are perfect. The only adjustment I had to make was to lower the neck pup - it was waaaay too close to the strings and made the pup sound distorted. An easy adjustment that made her much more to my liking and sounded much better. The neck feels good, she holds tune well & came with a gig bag even though I already had a hard case. For the price it was worth it. This one doesn't appear to hold barn burner interest on the forum so I won't post on this one any further unless someone has a question. :)

My recent swath of buying cheap guitars is now over. I'm eyeballing a flamed top Les Paul that is definitely NOT CHEAP so time to kick back and enjoy my brothel. Evening boyz B)

Archived