Gibson Brands Forums

Sunday Song: Little Ways

Buc McMaster

Events of the winter have kept me away from my guitar for the most part, not least of which was a terrible episode with the flu that just didn't want to turn me loose. But for the last couple days I've been trying to get back to it and, while digging through some old CDs I found my copy of dwightyoakamacousticdotnet. There are so many good takes on this release, just Mr. Yoakam and a Gibson guitar, live in the studio. This morning I dug out the cowboy hat and tackled this one. For better or worse, here it be, flubba-dubs and all. The voice wasn't strong enough for more than three attempts.......this is the best of the lot......but still....... The voice is one of those use-it-or-lose-it things........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK1azuaGzQQ

(The above mentioned CD is well worth a listen to hear the tunes as they were likely written. And the Gibson tone is here in spades......unmistakable.)

Nice, Buc !

Good to see you hanging out old friend. I like the hat, the shirt and some Dwight.

Pete Anderson was always one of my favorites as well. I hold him partly responsible for a lot of good rockabilly that kept pop Country honest for the final years before it went completely to $hit.

[thumbup]

Great job Buc, Love the shirt as well...LOL Good to see you back, glad you are feeling better. I was always just a casual fan of DY then I went and saw him this past fall and had a great time. Pete Anderson is so Underrated. Met him and few years agao,nice man and plays some good blues as well as one of the torch bearers of that Bakersfield sound.

Archived