Gibson Brands Forums

NGD, a Chapman of all things

sparquelito

My FedEx tracking tells me that she will arrive this afternoon or evening.

I can't wait.

I've been enjoying the Anderton's youTube videos for some time now, and the relationship between Rob Chapman and Lee Anderton (Chappers and The Captain) is interesting and highly entertaining.

The more I study the notion of Rob's guitar line (built in Indonesia and Korea) the more I want to own one.

Chappers is a bit of a shredder, and many of his guitar designs seem to go that way, but his ML3 Traditional pays homage to the early Telecasters. So I pulled the trigger on an order this past weekend.

The finish is called White Dove, and it's really attractive to me.

I'm curious as to how the advertised 'rolled edges' on the maple neck feel, as well as the contoured neck heel and beveled cutaway (not especially visible in the photo below) affect my access to the upper frets.

I'll post some photos from home, after I unbox her and give her a test run this evening.

:)

ML3-TRD-WHT-51d.jpg

I played a few of those at Guitar Center over the weekend, including that Tele clone. They are fine quality guitars! The frets feel fantastic and the guitar sounds great. The one I played was a kind of charcoal gray wood grain look. The others I got to play were really nice too. I don't usually go for guitars like that but it's high quality. I can't wait to hear your review.

Strange...I used to watch those guys for years, but haven't for a long time after it all got a bit overblown - in fact your thread reminded me they exist, I had completely forgotten about them!

2 of my nephews bought Chapmans a few years ago as they both like Robs stuff...maybe an ML1 and an ML2 or 3, i'm not sure the models, but early ones. They seemed OK for sure and they boys liked them, but very heavy (weight) compared to what I'd want over my shoulder personally - if you like heavy guitars you'd be fine though Sparky. Enjoy!!

Yeah, she's lighter than expected.

7.6 pounds exactly on the scale just now.

The 'binding' is actually the mahogany body, showing thru where they taped it off (apparently) when they painted it Dove White. I don't know if you can see that clearly.

Interesting, and really pretty.

Spanky tones, I really like it.

Much different from the Fender Modern Player Tele Plus that I sold last year.

175401.jpg

175405.jpg

175403.jpg

I must say, the Chapman soft case is pretty nicely constructed.

Really great, though not as great as the Gibson soft cases, which are admirable by anyone's standard.

Riff City is who shipped it to me, and they did a great packing job. Free shipping too.

All in all, $429 well spent.

181133.jpg

Archived