Gibson Brands Forums

If I ordered a Les Paul from the Custom Shop....

NeoConMan

I've always had a thing for natural finishes on guitars.

I've always had a thing for Les Pauls with a Mahogany top.

Wonder what it would take to get a Les Paul Custom in Mahogany?

Top, body, neck, everything in Mahogany....

Natural finish, Custom inlays and binding, Ebony fretboard, nickel hardware, 57 Classic/Classic Plus pickups.

Only waited 8 months for my Custom Shop double neck with a one piece body, price wasn't too bad....

Top' date=' body, neck, everything in Mahogany....

Natural finish, Custom inlays and binding, Ebony fretboard, nickel hardware, 57 Classic/Classic Plus pickups.

Only waited 8 months for my Custom Shop double neck with a one piece body, price wasn't too bad....[/quote']

See if we can get a deal if we order 2...I'm in.

Hey there!

Good to be back!

137 eh?

Nice....

Yeah, I spend alot of time down there.

Talked to Mike at length the other day, not pretty for anybody.

They got inventory from other stores that called it quits, now they gotta sell it.

Donnie is coming out to the house in the morning to detail my wife's truck - his side business ya know.

I'm doing what I can to help the guys out but I can't buy any guitars right now.

Playing the lottery too, ya never know.....

NeoConMan?? Who the **** is NeoConMan??

Top' date=' body, neck, everything in Mahogany....[/quote']

'54 & '57 Les Paul Custom reissue. All mahogany, ebony board.

Usually, they're black but I've seen a few other finishes.

yeah,Neoconman, they are giving great deals though. Mike quoted me a price for a 1959 50th anniversary that is so low that I couldn't believe it. Even beats Centre city music. I may take him up on it and sell some guitars to fund it and help them out...

Yeah, Fenn, I like the BB too.

Actually, the wife wants me to get a 3 p/u Black Beauty with a Bigsby.

She saw one at Bizarre Guitar in Phoenix and fell in love with the way it looks.

I have her permission to get one....

:-)

Good to see you too CRNYC!

Rdwivedi,

Donnie just left here, he and I were talking about Bizarre and stuff.

Mike is indeed needing to move some inventory.

Funny thing, the higher end stuff is still selling okay.

It's the $1k and under stuff that isn't moving at all.

If you need to sell anything, let me know.

I might rob a liquor store to get my hands on a few of the pieces you have....

NeoConMan?? Who the **** is NeoConMan??

Do you believe in the Loch Ness monster? Bigfoot? Santa Claus?

I understand if you don't' date=' but as for ME - I'm very real.

Been gone awhile, decided to drop in for a chat and found a warm welcome.

Think of me as a new guy if you want.

'54 & '57 Les Paul Custom reissue. All mahogany, ebony board.

Usually, they're black but I've seen a few other finishes.

Life is too short to own guitars that aren't what I'm looking for, that's why I've sold half a dozen LP's over the years.

I have a specific Les Paul in mind, and I see all natural Mahogany tops now and then.

Just sort of dreaming out loud.....

Be cool!

I am thinking of selling one of my 20 anniversary PRS custom 22 and a Taylor 514ce. I love that Black beauty they have there, it is awesome. I agree with you about the high end stuff, they have sold at least 5 les paul reissues since the first of the year, even the 58 lemonburst I was eyeing, as well as the gibson black les paul custom. If I get the 50th anniversary, I may go down there monday to put some money down.

it is black cherry color, bird-in-flight inlays. HAS NOT BEEN TOUCHED in 2 years as I have kept it for a high school graduation present for my oldest son, but I figure he would be happier with a 50th anniversary r9. HE is seven years old. It is in mint condition. I have played it once and it is great! let me know....i can work with you on a good price, got it new for $2200 from Bizarre a couple of years ago..

Hey SRVZep!

Just got a price quote on it from Bizarre Guitar with a couple caveats...

Top' date=' body, neck, everything in Mahogany....[/quote']

Done deal.

Gibson says it's no problem.

Natural finish' date=' Custom inlays and binding, Ebony fretboard, nickel hardware, 57 Classic/Classic Plus pickups.[/quote']

The only wrinkle is gold hardware.

Yuck.

Mike at Bizarre warns me that the price will go up dramatically if I try to change anything.

Says the gold will look cool on it.

Yeah, maybe.

I simply do not like gold hardware.

Only waited 8 months for my Custom Shop double neck with a one piece body' date=' price wasn't too bad.... [/quote']

Build time will be 4-6 months, price will be a little over $4k out the door.

Let's see...

Where can I find $4,000 dollars.....?

The only wrinkle is gold hardware.

Yuck.

Mike at Bizarre warns me that the price will go up dramatically if I try to change anything.

Says the gold will look cool on it.

Yeah' date=' maybe.

I simply do not like gold hardware.

:-)[/quote']

I agree with your guy (Mike), changing anything, even a screw, will result in an insane price increase (at least for a screw), maybe it's better to have it with gold hardware and then buy nickel hardware and install it... sell the gold harware to anyone in need of a complete gold set.

Or you can ask Mr. Papa to build one for you:-" ... a guy asked that a while ago and he got a very encouraging answer: "I build guitar for you, yes build I very great quality. I give discount on dozen."

Maybe you can get him to build a dozen P.O.S.s :-&

My dealer sells a lot of Gibsons.

Here's a pic of their inventory, with 80 Les Pauls on the wall - all the way to the back.

None of them are Epiphones, these are the real deal. Reissues and vintage are at the back.

2726241191_9c6ec94a19.jpg?v=0

Mike called his Gibson rep this morning, the rep called the Custom Shop, Custom shop gave 'em the quote.

Mike called me back in three hours.

Yeah, it's nice to know some guys who can make stuff happen.

My dealer sells a lot of Gibsons.

Here's a pic of their inventory' date=' [b']with 80 Les Pauls on the wall[/b] - all the way to the back.

None of them are Epiphones, these are the real deal. Reissues and vintage are at the back.

2726241191_9c6ec94a19.jpg?v=0

damn ive never been in a store with a sg supreme, nor that many 61 ri's, not to mention that MANY GIBSONS

I have 24. I have bought at least 18 from him. a few I bought before I moved to az, a few non-gibby, non-fender, non-prs that I bought from other local stores. Love all the gibbys. MIke sets them up great and I never have to take a new one to a store to set up. HE usually puts new strings on for all my new guitars. I feel really bad for those guys, it is tough trying to afford 3-4K in this economy though. He did give me a killer deal on a r9 that I am still thinking about, have to think about uncle sam first though....you know those guys in DC like taxes....

Archived