Gibson Brands Forums

NGD, an old Hondo LP

sparquelito

I had been keeping my eye on a Hondo Les Paul on Craigslist, and so yesterday I met the seller in Decatur, and crossed his palm with $150 American.

She is a 1981 Hondo H737 from the 'Custom Series', and featured a Les Paul appearance, bolt on neck, and single-coil pickups mounted under 'Humbucker-appearing' chrome covers.

Dusty, mis-matched volume-tone knobs, missing bottom strap button, and badly in need of a cleaning and restringing.

Below is the original dusty Craigslist photo ad, followed by how she looks now with a proper polishing, repairing, restringing, and mounting of new knobs.

Fantastic guitar for the money, and she's the exact age of my daughter (nearly 38).

:)

084643.png

\:D/

I'm beginning to see a pattern here..... :)

Hondo were ok....bolt-on?

A gal I knew's boyfriend had a Gibson-inspired Hondo J style acoustic...I remember that one, very good guitar.

I'm trying to figure out how many you have now.... :-k .

I'm trying to figure out how many you have now.... :-k .

Hondo guitars?

Just the one.

And I really like it thus far.

Guitars total (including guitars, basses, a cigar box three string, and a uke) um, sixteen.

:unsure:

My friend had a Hondo II Les Paul copy but it wasn't nearly as nice looking as that one. I think he still has it. Awesome find. It makes me think of my early playing days with those 70's and 80's copies.

Archived