Gibson Brands Forums

Hey Rabs, ever seen one of these?

Dub-T-123

Yes I am aware of that model and very nice it is... [thumbup]

And nice to be compared to the classics.. I do (as everyone knows) love the double cut shape :)

Someone else sent me another design they thought was similar to one of mine.. This is an Ibanez

fav9RN0.jpg

I wish I could actually take credit for any of it... :)

Edited by Rabs

Whats with the sticky-up protrusions on the bridge saddles? Looks uncomfortable. [confused]

I'm on their mailing list and saw this...just the sort of slightly obscure Gibson that I like....very nice indeed.

As I'm in UK I even get a pop-up window telling me the approx/estimated duties and taxes I'd have to pay (extra to shipping and actual cost) to get this into the UK.....£727.76 [scared]

The price of the guitar is £1438.12 so that's over 50% more :(

Ridiculous.

But anyway....I always liked the Ibanez Artist (similar shape) associated at one time with Steve Miller -

https://www.google.com/search?channel=crow&q=ibanez+steve+miller&tbm=isch&source=univ&client=firefox-b-d&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj_h5KpwZTiAhU4VBUIHa5-C60QsAR6BAgIEAE&biw=1920&bih=1086

Edited by jdgm

They were originally Epiphone guitars and then were re labelled as Gibson to help sales. On some, you can see the Epiphone decal under the Gibson one.

Yup. As was the United States Gibson.

rct

Could that be true? I can be gullible. There's no sport to be had there.

Well at least it can’t be completely true since Gibson only inlays or silkscreens the logo, never decals

I can’t find any info to support Larry’s claim but who knows

Well at least it can’t be completely true since Gibson only inlays or silkscreens the logo, never decals

I can’t find any info to support Larry’s claim but who knows

Old Guitar Player magazines. I can't tell you which one, but that's where those nuggets come from. Dave Stewart was getting big as the Annie Lennox guitar player, and along with a feature on him was a small sidebar about how the US guitar went from Epi to Gibson in a blink. I don't remember where the Spirit story was, but it was for sure. Gibson saved a ton by not developing a double cut sorta super strat thingy and just re-branding an Epiphone and seeing how it did.

rct

Old Guitar Player magazines. I can't tell you which one, but that's where those nuggets come from. Dave Stewart was getting big as the Annie Lennox guitar player, and along with a feature on him was a small sidebar about how the US guitar went from Epi to Gibson in a blink. I don't remember where the Spirit story was, but it was for sure. Gibson saved a ton by not developing a double cut sorta super strat thingy and just re-branding an Epiphone and seeing how it did.

rct

I suppose the if the Epis were US models that's kosher. However, if one of us little people tried this [-X

I suppose the if the Epis were US models that's kosher. However, if one of us little people tried this [-X

Gibson? Not kosher? I'm glad I was sitting down for even the suggestion!

rct

Its also why I love the new DC Custom.. That's just awesome.. Its a shame they don't have a USA version.. I would probably have to buy one if they did

ULHlfoE.gif

vAGpJct.png

HDaXb7i.png

veuGRBh.png

Edited by Rabs

Theres a build that I did that I don't think many of you saw.. It went wrong in the end and I coulndt fix it so one day in a moment of frustration I sawed it in half.. Of course a while after I realised exactly what went wrong and I could have fixed it.. But you live and learn.. If you are eagle eyed enough you can spot it in the first picture.. But I doubt anyone will notice. Its quite subtle unless I point it out but made the guitar unplayable (in tune).

What do you think of this one

GuyYlUg.jpg?1

VQHIAMa.jpg

4lVjHlO.jpg

dR3m7PK.jpg

Edited by Rabs