Gibson Brands Forums

Current Effects Board, What You Got?

zigzag

It's been a while since I've seen a post like this, so I thought I'd ask what everyone is using. Until about ten years ago, I wasn't using the few effects pedals I owned, preferring instead to use on-board amp effects. I gradually began to modify my sound,  liking the way my sound was developing,  so I slowly started to accumulate pedals. While I probably don't have nearly the pedals that most of you have, I am in love with my current pedal board. I don't saturate my sound with predominantly one pedal, but instead, like to use several at once with just enough of their effects to know they're there.

Through the effects loop: Boss TR-2 Tremolo pedal, DigiTech HardWire DL-8 delay and looper pedal (discontinued), tc electronic Hall of Fame 2 reverb

Direct to amp: Dunlop 535Q Wah, MXR Super Badass Distortion pedal, electro-harmonix Big Muff Pi

bLC3AVq.jpg

Due for an overhaul now (NPD thread below) but this lot has been completely reliable for the last few years; Boss vol pedal>Route 66>AC+>modded Boss GE7>Marshall Vibratrem>Ibanez DCF-10>Dub Dark Cloud delay> (not shown - Marshall Reflector reverb if amp I'm using has no reverb) into amp. No fx loop.  The thing next to the vol pedal is a circuit breaker which is the 1st thing I usually plug into the venue mains supply.   These pedals rock and the Ibanez DCF-10 is a bit classic IMO.

Pedalboard1-Mar19.jpg

🎸🎛️🔉

I have about 20 more pedals. I change several every so often, so my board is never the same.

I guess you could say I get bored very easily,  and I I'm always trying new stuff.

It's actually 2 small Gator boards put together.

And I prefer my Wah flat on the ground.

eT6IifH.jpg?2

Yeah, I have only three that I'm not using, mainly because their bypass affects tone. I wouldn't buy another pedal without true bypass. I'm happy now with what I've got, and don't anticipate needing anything else or incorporating anything new. The same goes for guitars and amps... no GAS or AAS... couldn't be happier with what I have.

i'm moving next weekend, so i don't feel like dragging out my board to take a pic. however, what i have is:

guitar>polytune>pitchfactor>ocd>firey red horse fuzz> blueprint delay>rotochoir>amp

i dont use  any of the pedals that much.  each one has certain specific things i use it for.  75% of the time i use the amp's o/d and  a little delay.

i will take this opportunity to  repeat something i say each time the subject of pedals comes up - 

there is no fuzz ever made that comes close to the firey red horse.  if you like fuzz  i dont care what sound you're after, the red horse will deliver.  just be sure to get an older one with the 3 way switch at the top that allows you to use different transistors according to your needs.  if you think your fuzz sounds better, you're wrong.  it doesn't. 

29 minutes ago, american cheez said:

there is no fuzz ever made that comes close to the firey red horse.  if you like fuzz  i dont care what sound you're after, the red horse will deliver.  just be sure to get an older one with the 3 way switch at the top that allows you to use different transistors according to your needs.  if you think your fuzz sounds better, you're wrong.  it doesn't. 

Good to know. 

Cry Baby, Snark stage tuner, BoostaGrande, Noise Gate up front. Chorus and Delay in loop.

I use the gain from the amp and the 6 button switch from the amp to change between clean/crunch, OD1/OD2, MasterVolume1/MasterVolume2 in my Marshall DSL40CR.

Archived