Gibson Brands Forums

OBAMA

Mr. Robot

I've studied US Politics and History for years - I love it - and subscribe to your cable news channels' date=' as well as news channels in other countries. So I do get a feel for American culture. [/quote']

Do you get Fox News?

If not, then the "news" you're getting is certainly in the mold of the New European World Model.

CNN, MSNBC, CNBC are all cheerleading squads for the Liberal ideals that have sunk every civilization on record.

Fox is unabashedly in support of a conservative agenda, but at least they will post the full story and name names.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This forum is not a microcosm of the United States. President Obama is well respected by the majority of Americans' date=' who overwhelmingly voted for him. [/quote']

+1

It's interesting to see comments on both sides, but I agree with your statement about the limitations of this type of discussion on a music forum. I also agree with the second part of your statement. The US economy is in the crapper at the moment (global economy is on the verge) and this administration is doing what they think is needed to correct our economic course and stablize not only our economy, but the global economy as well. Some people may disagree with the methods, but I have not seen anything offered as an alternative from the consrvatives that makes any sense.

this administration is doing what they think is needed to correct our economic course and stablize not olny our conomy' date=' but the global economy as well.

I have not seen anything offered as an alternative from the consrvatives that makes any sense. [/quote']

Here's the BEST case scenario in the eyes of the Democrats, this is assuming the worst isn't true....

You are being conditioned to accept huge deficits, huge national debt, huge trade imbalances, huge taxes.

Whether this works or not, Americans are no longer frightened when they hear a number like $1 trillion.

Democrats can go to the lunatic fringe until public sentiment turns against them, then come back far enough for their brainless constituents to say "Okay, that's good" and then they can operate with impunity.

Tax and spend is what they do, they are hard-wired for it.

Disappointed as I am in Bush, I guarantee you he would not have generated a budget deficit without being attacked on 9/11.

Once again, all you Liberals can disagree with me all you want but you cannot tell me I'm wrong.

Here's the BEST case scenario in the eyes of the Democrats' date=' this is assuming the worst isn't true....

You are being conditioned to accept huge deficits, huge national debt, huge trade imbalances, huge taxes.

Whether this works or not, Americans are no longer frightened when they hear a number like $1 trillion.

Democrats can go to the lunatic fringe until public sentiment turns against them, then come back far enough for their brainless constituents to say "Okay, that's good" and then they can operate with impunity.

Tax and spend is what they do, they are hard-wired for it.

Disappointed as I am in Bush, I guarantee you he would not have generated a budget deficit without being attacked on 9/11.

[b']Once again, all you Liberals can disagree with me all you want but you cannot tell me I'm wrong.[/b]

Thanks Mr Robot for your input. Obama gets a honeymoon for while, at least something is coming easy in this whole mess.

As for myself, I will say that as low as my expectations were of Bush he still managed to dissapoint.

2 win-less wars, Osama Bin Laden still on the lose and a huge economic mess is the legacy of George. Can't argue with results, or the lack in this case.

8 years of classless assclownship that led to ruin. I never liked the guy, McCain should have been our guy 8 years ago. We would be in a different place today.

Obama has a tough road ahead of him and although I am not a liberal he has my support. If he succedes so do I.

Americans don't really care what Australians think. Australians know nothing about America. Americans know nothing about Australia. We have our own identities and interests. Just going someplace for a few weeks as a tourist means nothing' date=' and imparts no real insight into the condition of any country. [/quote']

You might be surprised at the knowledge that citizens of the informed world have about the US. It isn't even a matter of choice; the US export of culture, science, business, military campaigns and so on, is pretty massive. It is now a natural thing to follow all the major US elections, as an example. Some posters seem to disregard the rest of the world; that is like burying your head in the sand, and I suspect you know it. We (I'm in Europe) feel connected to the US through our immigrant ancestors and the closely linked history and trade - we care about how you're doing :-)

I've been to the US, and pretty much everything checked against what I had learnt. I had a fantastic time over there, I might add. As for Obama, I believe the rest of the world seem to think it was the least bad choice under the circumstances.

DJ

--

2 win-less wars

Bite me.

That sort of talk would have you arrested for sedition if I was President.

I'm serious.

Osama Bin Laden still on the lose

Obummer said in the campaign he was going after UBL in Pakistan. What happened there?

More lies.

Not "Bush lies" but REAL lies.

huge economic mess is the legacy of George.

The Democrats own this economy 100%

If Bush DID cause it (idiocy) then the Dems are here to fix it.

They ain't.

Can't argue with results' date=' or the lack in this case.[/quote']

Yes I can.

Campaigning in 2006 - during unprecedented prosperity on the face of this Earth - the Dems kept blathering about how bad the economy was. Abu Graib didn't work for them' date=' Global Warming didn't work for them, they needed something to brainwash the public with that actually held water so they didn't look like idiots ALL the time.....

The housing market was beginning to slow down, any fool knows it had to give.

That sort of price escalation cannot be maintained.

Knowing what goes up must come down, they jumped on the housing market "crash" as an omen of our doomed economy. Kept repeating how bad things were [b']during [/b]an economy with all time high home ownership, all time high personal retirement investment, all time high domestic personal spending, every indication of the economy was Aces.

As soon as the cracks started to appear from their constant hammering, the Defeatocrats stepped back and said

"See! The doom and gloom we predicted is upon us! It's gonna be BAD! REALLY BAD! We're all gonna die! Elect us!"

This is NOT shadow-boxing or chasing ghosts.

These are Democratic strategies created, implemented and celebrated by the DNC and advisors.

This is REAL. They REALLY dreamed this sh!t up and you're a fool if you believe it's all happenstance.

8 years of classless assclownship that led to ruin.

What would YOU have done in response to 9/11?

I'm sure I'll laugh my *** off when I hear your answer.

McCain should have been our guy 8 years ago.

McCain is Hillary Clinton without the fancy clothes and hairdo. Two cats from the same litter.

We would be in a different place today.

Maybe so with McCain at the helm' date=' but better?

I dunno.

Obama has a tough road ahead of him

No he doesn't.

No matter what happens, he's got Bush to blame.

He can accomplish nothing, spend everything, and keep on lying and skating.

although I am not a liberal he has my support. If he succedes so do I.

You're a Liberal.

You support this sh!t?

You're nothing BUT a Liberal, because I know you're not that dumb.

If you understand whats happening and you aren't ready to charge Capitol Hill with pitchforks and torches, you're DAMNED sure not a Conservative.

This is what I served in the military to protect Americans from!

Think you're the only one who served in the military?

UCMJ ring a bell?

Did you run your mouth like that in uniform?

Disgraceful.

Collecting benefits from your "service" or getting any sort of financial windfall at my expense?

I have nothing but the utmost repect for our servicemen and women, and it is unwavering until I hear this kind of crap.

I tried twice to get in thru two different induction centers in 1983 - childhood athsma kept me out.

This is AFTER Jimmy Carter and his limp-d!ck presidency, after Beirut killed 240 Marines, after KAL flight 007.

Dad - retired Army

Father in law - ex Marine

Both Cold Warriors.

More uncles than I can count in WWII, Korea and Viet Nam.

Lotsa military in my family, including a nephew that just got bounced from the Air Force for DUI.

He KNOWS he f-ed up and had to come home to face his family of veterans.

As for the rest of my "rant" feel free to illustrate the error of my ways.

Or just get mad.

If you understand whats happening and you aren't ready to charge Capitol Hill with pitchforks and torches' date=' you're DAMNED sure not a Conservative.[/quote']

That's Liberalist talk... they would have us fighting for our last stitch of freedom with pitchforks and torches after they've taken our guns.

I think what you meant to say was...

"... with any damn gun you want because we still have that little 2nd Amendment thingy..."

but maybe im wrong and either your metaphor was lost on me, or you're real handy with a pitchfork...

That's Liberalist talk... they would have us fighting for our last stitch of freedom with pitchforks and torches after they've taken our guns.

I think what you meant to say was...

"... with any damn gun you want because we still have that little 2nd Amendment thingy..."

but maybe im wrong and either your metaphor was lost on me' date=' or you're real handy with a pitchfork...[/quote']

I don't brandish guns.

If I need to put a hole in something, I'll get out a gun, do the job and put it away.

Until then, I keep them discreetly out of sight.

Pitchforks and torches have worked well thru the ages, and would be sufficient to make EVERY Defeatocrat and 80% of the Republicans sh!t their pants. Once we had ther un -fxcking-divided attention, we could then initiate our discourse.

Guns are to kill them when no other solutions seems workable.

I don't want to do that unless I absolutely have to - not even the Liberals.

A pitchfork used to castrate Barney Frank is about as evil as I wanna be.

I tried twice to get in thru two different induction centers in 1983 - childhood athsma kept me out.

This is AFTER Jimmy Carter and his limp-d!ck presidency' date=' after Beirut killed 240 Marines, after KAL flight 007.

[/quote']

Could you kindly explain this one to me?

Didn't we invade Granada the day after this occurred?

Perhaps I am wrong. Speaking from memory not google.

To answer your question. I would not have invaded Iraq. Afghanistan is a tough battle and you know that but it had to be done but it had to be done right, if not what is the point?

I am not trying to take anything away from our troop efforts. Their duty is to follow orders.

Not McCain? not Obama? who was your candidate Neo?

In the last election I know a lot of people felt like they did not have a candidate that represented them, i.e. super conservatives but truly you only have 2 options. Unless you are a Nader fan. But seriously what do you do then? not vote?

If you are a Bush fan, that's fine by me. I like you am simply expressing my opinion.

I had to listen to Obama Bull**** for one year while he and Hillary were running and for another year while he and McCain were taking naps together. Now the stock market crashes further every time he opens his mouth and you will probably be unemployed by the end of 2009. And it is unlikely you will find another job ...soooo...

Can we talk about guitars and guitar things and not about your emotional dreamy knee jerk phantasms about manna is falling from heaven and how wonderful your life will be like in the soup lines?

Read up on how to make a tent out of garbage bags and plastic pipe. You'll be living in one before he runs again. (You will need $15,000 by that time to build one .. more if you want a garbage bag floor) See if you can find a city park that will let you build one.

I had to listen to Obama Bull**** for one year while he and Hillary were running and for another year while he and McCain were taking naps together. Now the stock market crashes further every time he opens his mouth and you will probably be unemployed by the end of 2009. And it is unlikely you will find another job ...soooo...

Can we talk about guitars and guitar things and not about your emotional dreamy knee jerk phantasms about manna is falling from heaven and how wonderful your life will be like in the soup lines?

Read up on how to make a tent out of garbage bags and plastic pipe. You'll be living in one before he runs again. (You will need $15' date='000 by that time to build one .. more if you want a garbage bag floor) See if you can find a city park that will let you build one. [/quote']

=D> =D> ROFLMAO

The Liberals are getting weepy and squishy...

Idealism failed you.

Dreamworld failed you.

Government failed you.

Logic may be worth a second look, eh?

Don't waste your time looking for it in THIS administration or Congress.

Think you're the only one who served in the military?

No

UCMJ ring a bell?

Covers current active duty and reserve personnel. I'm a civilian.

Did you run your mouth like that in uniform?

Disgraceful.

Since you didn't serve, i'll excuse this remark for what it is.

Collecting benefits from your "service" or getting any sort of financial windfall at my expense?

No

I have nothing but the utmost repect for our servicemen and women, and it is unwavering until I hear this kind of crap.

I have the utmost respect for our service men and women no matter what they say.

This is AFTER Jimmy Carter and his limp-d!ck presidency, after Beirut killed 240 Marines, after KAL flight 007.

I commend you for trying to serve.

Dad - retired Army

Father in law - ex Marine

Both Cold Warriors.

More uncles than I can count in WWII, Korea and Viet Nam.

Lotsa military in my family, including a nephew that just got bounced from the Air Force for DUI.

He KNOWS he f-ed up and had to come home to face his family of veterans.

My dad - USMC - Korea

dad's oldest brother - Army - WWII

dad's other brother - Army Air Corp - WWII

mom's older brother - Navy - Korea

mom's younger brother - Air Force - Vietnam

my older brother - Navy

my younger brother - Navy

my cousin - USAF - retired fighter pilot/instructor

me- USAF (4 years) and Air National Guard (3 years)

As for the rest of my "rant" feel free to illustrate the error of my ways.

Not really interested that much to comment further.

Or just get mad.

No sense getting mad over a forum post. :)

To answer your question. I would not have invaded Iraq.

I maintain Iraq should have been invaded and finished once and for all in 1993.

If I was Bush II and watched Saddam break 17 UN Resolutions without care during the Clinton years' date=' I would have told the UN there would not be a number 18.

If he failed to comply with number 18 I would have given the UN and Red Cross 48 hours to get out before the bombs started falling.

When ground troops went in, they would have taken and held every inch of ground secure, just like Fortress Europe.

Afghanistan is a tough battle and you know that but it had to be done but it had to be done right' date=' if not what is the point?[/quote']

I agree, this was not done well - especially with us seeing the Soviets mired there for 9 years (thanks to us)

I am not trying to take anything away from our troop efforts. Their duty is to follow orders.

Dogdamn right it is.

Not McCain? not Obama? who was your candidate Neo?

By the time of the AZ Primary my choice was Huckabee or McCain. I did NOT vote for McCain. Thompson guy myself.

In the last election I know a lot of people felt like they did not have a candidate that represented them' date=' i.e. super conservatives but truly you only have 2 options. Unless you are a Nader fan. But seriously what do you do then? not vote?[/quote']

Obama or McCain? What a choice THAt was......

I held my nose like a child eating broccoli (or cat sh!t) and voted for the R candidate. Tried not to associate the name.

Went home and took a really long hot shower to cleanse myself.

John McCain is a lying' date=' two-faced sack of sh!t and deserves to be in the Senate about as much as Al Franken.

If you are a Bush fan' date=' that's fine by me. I like you am simply expressing my opinion. [/quote']

I voted for Bush FOUR TIMES!

Twice as TX Gov.

I believed in him until his second term.

No longer.

does no one else think that saddam was actually good thing in a way? he had the largest military in the arab world. and most of the other countries hated him. balance of power. iran and iraq. night and day. yin and yang. it worked.

so saddam wasnt a nice guy. genocide? yep. (what about darfur? americans do not care about genocide in a far off land. we never have. hell, its not like hitler kept it a secret. and the west did nothing. and besides, the US has supported a few repressive regimes itself- ie saddam himself. WMDs? if he had 'em, we gave them to him!)

sponsored terrorism against the israelis? ok. not like the israelis cant take care of themselves. or that they're completely innocent in their treatment of palestinians (i think both sides have their hands dirty)

does no one else think that saddam was actually good thing in a way? he had the largest military in the arab world. and most of the other countries hated him. balance of power. iran and iraq. night and day. yin and yang. it worked.

so saddam wasnt a nice guy. genocide? yep. (what about darfur? americans do not care about genocide in a far off land. we never have. hell' date=' its not like hitler kept it a secret. and the west did nothing. and besides, the US has supported a few repressive regimes itself- ie saddam himself. WMDs? if he had 'em, we gave them to him!)

sponsored terrorism against the israelis? ok. not like the israelis cant take care of themselves. or that they're completely innocent in their treatment of palestinians (i think both sides have their hands dirty)[/quote']

Agreed

Archived