Gibson Brands Forums

My boredom led to this!

Homz

My boredom led to this.

I took some printer paper cut out a stencil taped it to an old POS acoustic. I used the only paint I could find around. It was silver high temp paint used for outdoor grills or hot water radiators.

The design was supposed to be a dragons head over a mountain. More resembles a rabid horse, but what the hell. I kinda like it.

Homzcustomacousticpaintjob1.jpg

Homzcustomacousticpaintjob4.jpg

Homzcustomacousticpaintjob2.jpg

What do yaz think?

I ain't sensitive so don't worry about sparing my feelings.

Hey Homz' date=' Glad to see someone bring my old avatar out of retirement. I really liked those guys when I used them a year ago.

p.s. I like the stencil work. Looks like it could be a beer company or sports team logo.[/quote']

Sorry for taking your avatar. I was about to change it anyway. I couldn't remember where I got it. It is pretty cool.

Hmm' date=' is that sarcasm?

[/quote']

Not at all. I do web design for a living so I'm pretty good with PhotoShop and Illustrator but I can't draw or paint very well. And I just stay the hell away from power tools.

True story:

I took a woodshop class in highschool and one of the assignments was to make a pencil holder that consisted of three squares of wood, each smaller than the one beneath it, stacked up like a pyramid.

The first part of the project was to cut out the base as close to perfectly square as you could get it. After that, you took a plane to adjust the sides and get the angles to 90 degrees. After you got it, you took it to the teacher to get graded on that part of the project. So, I took my base up to the teacher and he put it on top of a larger piece of wood where he had penciled in lines marked "A" "B" and "C" - the smaller your base, the worse your grade. Well, mine was waaay inside of the line marked "C" so he took his pencil, traced my base on his grading template then labeled the line "D".

Sorry for taking your avatar. I was about to change it anyway. I couldn't remember where I got it. It is pretty cool.

Hey, It's all good. I mean it's not exactly "mine" but I have used it.

I call them Zeke, and Clem. (Zeke has the lightning fast hands, while Clem has the club foot.)

They both have mad skills though.

~peace

I dig it' date=' Homz. Way cool in my opinion. Who knows, maybe you could start some kind of business doing that. I'm in![/quote']

I may do some Celtic tribal thing on the sides or back.

Truth be known it's actually my wife's guitar. She had it when we first met. I only ever heard her play it once. Kind of surprising to me. She is a wizard on the piano and can't play **** on the guitar.

She wasn't thrilled when I told her about the paint job.

Not at all. I do web design for a living so I'm pretty good with PhotoShop and Illustrator but I can't draw or paint very well. And I just stay the hell away from power tools.

True story:

I took a woodshop class in highschool and one of the assignments was to make a pencil holder that consisted of three squares of wood' date=' each smaller than the one beneath it, stacked up like a pyramid.

The first part of the project was to cut out the base as close to perfectly square as you could get it. After that, you took a plane to adjust the sides and get the angles to 90 degrees. After you got it, you took it to the teacher to get graded on that part of the project. So, I took my base up to the teacher and he put it on top of a larger piece of wood where he had penciled in lines marked "A" "B" and "C" - the smaller your base, the worse your grade. Well, mine was waaay inside of the line marked "C" so he took his pencil, traced my base on his grading template then labeled the line "D".

[/quote']

Great Story!! =D>

Is somebody going to be sleeping on the couch tonight?

just kidding... It'd probably take a stencil of a pinup girl (or whatever they're called) to do that. [-X

Pin-up-girl, good idea.

Archived