Gibson Brands Forums

NUGD: 2018 Gibson J-15 Walnut Burst Limited Edition

Rev Roy

Got this little beauty in a week ago and it’s been a joy to get the Gibson sound back into my tiny herd. Walnut is a sweet tone wood...at times seeming to have the clarity and warmth of hog, but other times producing the brighter lushness of rosewood. But whatever tone you tease out of this guitar it’s always rich.

As a used guitar it has its share of little, superficial scratches that you would expect on a guitar that’s been well played. The plus side is that it feels and sounds like a guitar that has already been played in. None of that new guitar tightness. Setup seems fine, too...and mucho saddle left if I want to make some adjustments down the road.

So far I couldn’t be happier...

E9-CD840-E-01-F1-4-E86-8-CBB-FD142-F88-D
7225-AA46-1-D1-C-455-B-B766-15266-AED1-A
8777-CDF9-C052-4-C57-A028-A786-EA3-B7-D5

Edited by Rev Roy

On 9/22/2019 at 8:26 AM, QuestionMark said:

Beautiful guitar!  Is that considered walnutburst?  I’ve seen some walnut back guitars advertised as being walnutburst.  Looks really good.

QM aka “Jazzman” Jeff

It’s a “limited edition” walnut burst...with the “burst” covering the back and sides as well as the maple neck.

Edited by Rev Roy

10 hours ago, Rev Roy said:

Yep...”reimagined” 41.

Beautiful. I've always been a Gibson player and they are always my go-to, but have recently developed a real soft spot for Martins. I have a D18GE prototype from 1997 which is magnificent, and have recently put a deposit on a 1970 D35 which is one of the greatest sounding guitars I've ever had in my lap. 

2 hours ago, Jinder said:

Beautiful. I've always been a Gibson player and they are always my go-to, but have recently developed a real soft spot for Martins. I have a D18GE prototype from 1997 which is magnificent, and have recently put a deposit on a 1970 D35 which is one of the greatest sounding guitars I've ever had in my lap. 

This album better sell well 🤣

You're spending money like a saudi prince