Gibson Brands Forums

What Were 2005 Doves Like?

BluesKing777

1 hour ago, billroy said:

Congrats BK - Awesome!

Thanks Billroy!

The Boss and I had a quick sang-a-long on some Stones type faves, I played and she had the wine. She gave it the tick.

It makes you nervous when a guitar like this sits in a shop - why? Did I miss something awful? Repairs? I don’t think so...

It IS pretty worn but very nice sounding after somebody played it in for me for 15 years almost.😎

BluesKing777.

11 hours ago, BluesKing777 said:

One 2005 Gibson Dove - mine!

A severe case of white line fever, long drive, but I am back, loaded! (Car felt lighter on the way home, for some reason, must be the new wings)

Shop pic:

dXk2z84h.jpg

BluesKing777.

YES!!! So pleased for you, BK. And what a beauty she is...love that '60s cherry burst. Welcome to Doveville!

BK, it's beautiful...all the playwear, scratches and writing just add to the history. It's clearly been played, loved and used. Much like my '95 with a replaced bridge and heavy playwear...these Doves are full of songs and stories. Mine thrills and delights me every time I pick it up. I've played nothing else live since I got it, I should really give my other guitars an airing at some point but the Dove is just SO GOOD that I can barely bring myself to leave it at home!

4 hours ago, 62burst said:

You could even say it glows.

'Love whatever happened to the finish. . . I'm thinkin' he let her write on it. A full sun photograph (from a little further back) would make my day. Thx.

More photos on my verandah in full light, not full sun...

They came out funny because the light is sideways - it highlights the grain runout and the red burst blurs into the yellow. (looks like I painted it).

I may as well photo it - I don't think I can play it anymore - bleeding fingers.

Jj3p3Xmh.jpg

vcAGOmNh.jpg

i9vw9YOh.jpg

uMd8Sufh.jpg

byJeKKoh.jpg

h32fhPCh.jpg

BluesKing777.

Edited by BluesKing777
  • Like 1

Well done. A guitar not for the bashful, or those not wanting to get noticed. Have you caught yourself just drifting off, into a stare while looking at that bridge? Photo1 does show  good string break with not much distance to the pins- that, combined with the long scale, square shoulders and maple must be quite a shock after much time with small blues boxes.

"Banner Dove" ? Have you been able to figure out what it says in the banner? 

In the banner it says "Incognito". On top of that it says "One Love". Next to the banner is : "Bxsvor" Don't know - will look in the light with a magnifier tomorrow? I had a close look - I think it says “Blues” but people have tried to rub it all off.... so it is ...One Love.....Incognito...Blues.

Bashful? Me? I think the red guitar will go nicely with my black jeans and black t-shirt. Maybe I need some red shoes? I have some bright red Ferrari grand prix team gear..caps, jacket. I could disappear in a cloud of red.....

The pickup is the full Anthem from Baggs! I can't believe it. They are mucho dinero here installed. Sounds great plugged direct to my mixer. Sounds great plugged direct to my Boss VE8. It is truly ready to rock tonight - I could just plug in somewhere and be very happy. All dressed up with nowhere to go. My thumb and fingers are a bit sore but you know, a second wind could happen....

I have had fun running medium strings on my Taylor 717e with it tuned down......may try that here later.

BluesKing777.

Edited by BluesKing777
  • Like 1