Gibson Brands Forums

Honky's New Pup

Honky Dog

Honky Dog,

Man, not even an excellent camera and talented photographer could make that any prettier than she looks. You, really scored a beautiful guitar which I am sure meets the ear as well as the eye. Jealousy here, but it's the good kind. Enjoy!

Austin M, is my contact at Sweetwater. You may not get to play them first, but you can see the photos of the actual instrument you are buying. That is a good way to do the box method.

Just looked your new friend over again. The photo you did at home is the best!

Congratulations...she is beautiful. I brought home a J45 Rosewood about a month ago and I think I'll be in the honeymoon phase with it for some time to come. I intended to buy from Sweetwater too (those guys are great), but when the time came that I had the cash, they didn't have a single Rosewood in stock and I couldn't wait, so I ended up with American Musical Supply.

Enjoy it!

Keith

My J45RW is like an old friend. Even though I haven't gigged her in several years, because I've been playing electric lead on the ES-339, and the old SG, she gets dragged around around the house, backyard, ect.

Rarely does a day pass, we don't play.

Best to ya.

Murph.

Congratulations! Pretty, pretty, pretty! Nothing better in the world than a shiny new guitar! First song you played on it?

Honkydog, are those geraniums in the background? They sure look like geraniums. You guys can grow geraniums all year round? Must be nice.

Thanks, all. She really is beautiful. Love-at-first-sight beautiful.

Sound? I'm not too good at describing sound in words, but compared to the rich, chocolate sound of my J-45RW, I'd call the tone woody and airy. Obviously a bit brighter than the J-45RW, but it's not overly bright. It seems very balanced across the strings. The sound is very "open" and the sustain goes on forever. It's going to be very nice to listen to it open up over time, with the tone that comes from it right now.

First song? I had to play a song ("Hard Life") that I had finished writing just a couple of nights before getting the guitar. That song is definitely a "mahogany song" so it was a perfect choice. After that, I went for "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" and the Desert Rose song "Ashes of Love."

Yes, Karen, those are geraniums. Brought them in from the patio last fall. They sure can't survive a winter outside here! They're in a room on the side of the house. Here's another pic of the room from farther back so show even more geraniums! And a pic of the room from the outside. Lots of windows so it's great for plants. It is my "inspiration room" during daylight hours.

Sweetwater.com is great to deal with, and I highly recommend them. You have at least 30 days for a return, with no questions asked. Won't matter to me on this purchase, because this J-45 exceeds my expectations. It looks and sounds fantastic.

Thanks again, all.

Sunroom.jpg

Outside.jpg

Thanks, all. She really is beautiful. Love-at-first-sight beautiful.

Sound? I'm not too good at describing sound in words, but compared to the rich, chocolate sound of my J-45RW, I'd call the tone woody and airy. Obviously a bit brighter than the J-45RW, but it's not overly bright. It seems very balanced across the strings. The sound is very "open" and the sustain goes on forever. It's going to be very nice to listen to it open up over time, with the tone that comes from it right now.

First song? I had to play a song ("Hard Life") that I had finished writing just a couple of nights before getting the guitar. That song is definitely a "mahogany song" so it was a perfect choice. After that, I went for "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" and the Desert Rose song "Ashes of Love."

Yes, Karen, those are geraniums. Brought them in from the patio last fall. They sure can't survive a winter outside here! They're in a room on the side of the house. Here's another pic of the room from farther back so show even more geraniums! And a pic of the room from the outside. Lots of windows so it's great for plants. It is my "inspiration room" during daylight hours.

Sweetwater.com is great to deal with, and I highly recommend them, especially Kurt Martin who is a great guy. You have at least 30 days for a return, with no questions asked. Won't matter to me on this purchase, because this J-45 exceeds my expectations. It looks and sounds fantastic.

Thanks again, all.

Sunroom.jpg

Outside.jpg

Thanks, Jinder and TP. Nice place to live. It's really warm here now, but this is supposed to be one of our wettest months and we're getting no precipitation at all. Need some bad.

The house is for sale if you're interested :-) Hell of a time to try and sell a house! But it's a nice place to be "stuck"

TP, if you ever make it out this way, give me a shout. I'm within driving distance of Denver and Colorado Springs. And I can point you to some places to check out, in addition to the main attractions.

Honky' date=' my sister lives in Denver-whereabouts in CO are you based?[/quote']

About 30 miles south of Denver. Between Denver and Colorado Springs, and just a bit east. In the Verizon Dead Zone, a little bit above the creepy guy's left elbow. :-) And although Verizon would have people believe it is not a Dead Zone, it is, and we dropped our cell service, but we are still alive! (You might not get it, but it's from a series of Verizon Wireless commercials that run here)

OurHouse.jpg

Archived