Gibson Brands Forums

Obama on Jay Leno

callen3615

Reagan Made an Irish Joke and the Liberal Media Outlets tried to make a huge deal about it. I remember being 15 and thinking Just leave that Petty stuff alone and go after his Policies. It just makes your Party look Petty, whichever party you belong to.

BTW, I thought the Irish Joke was funny.

What was it???

The President's first words could not be overheard, but the joke evidently concerned a gondolier who was singing ''O Sole Mio'' as he piloted his boat through the canals.

The rest of the joke went like this:

''And the Lord said, 'I wonder what would happen if I took away 25 percent of his brain power?'

''So the Lord did,'' and the gondolier sang, '' 'O sole, O sole.'

''The Lord said, 'Hey, I'll take half of it away,' '' and the song became '' 'O so, O so.'

''Finally, the Lord said, 'What will happen if I take all of his brain power away?' and He did.'' And the gondolier sang, '' 'When Irish Eyes Are Smiling.' ''

As the audience of broadcast technicians laughed, Mr. Reagan said, ''See, I can tell that, being Irish.''

''I can't tell ethnic jokes except if they're Irish now,'' said Mr. Reagan, who is of Irish ancestry, adding, ''In fact, I can't go to Ireland anymore.''

I cut and Pasted this from a New York Times article. I couldn't remeber it good enough.

FirstMeasure,

We're talking about Obummer and you IMMEDIATELY start pissing on Bush/Cheney to deflect well-deserved criticism.

Wanna explain some of your bullsh!t inflammatory statements?

Here, let me help....

lies to get us into War' date='[/quote']

What lies - specifically?

This should be very simple for you.

Just give us the facts - quick and easy....

or begins giving No Bid contracts to his Cronies' date=' [/quote']

How about terrorists as cronies?

How about Clinton Administration cronies?

How about tax evaders and cheats as cronies - filling cabinet posts?

How about Hope and Change in DC from an outsider who chooses the ultimate idiot insider Joe "Bozo" Biden?

How about a man who claimed we were bombing civilians and air-raiding villages - doing the same in Pakistan?

I could go on and on and on but you would dismiss me as a mere partisan....

or Sinks a Japanese Fishing Boat playing with one of our Sub Marines' date='[/quote']

Bush was driving that submarine?

No, was it Cheney?

I was involved in the recovery of that fishing boat, I'm well aware of the facts around it.

I did some work with the engineers at a salvage company who lifted it.

You were saying.....?

or tells someone to "Go **** Themselves" on the Senate Floor' date='[/quote']

Cheney had every right to tell Patrick Leahy that, if I ever get the chance I will too.

or Spends more than Three out of 8 Years at Camp David intead of on the Job (and that's not counting the Time he spent in Crawford Tx.)' date='[/quote']

How much time?

First, you're lying.

Second, tell me how much time the President is allowed to spend there? What would please YOU?

Third, his home in Crawford is just a hop, skip and jump up the road from the LBJ Ranch.

I've been there, you should see the accommodations made for the Texas White House 40 years ago.

Different somehow?

or Depletes our National Guard' date=' or cuts Veteran Medical Benefites, I'll get just as upset as I did with Bush/Cheney.[/quote']

I'm with you 100% on the Vet benefits, I agree our active duty military is too small.

When's the last time a Defeatocrat voted for MORE defense or military spending?

I'll give you one name - Lieberman.

Go find all of them you can.

Yes, this is a challenge.

Defeatocrats will fund ANYTHING but a military.

Tell me I'm wrong.

I wanted to Impeach Bush because he Lied about taking us to war.

Did anybody on the Defeatocrat side of the aisle lie in 2001? 2002? 2003?

Do you think I could produce a list of names numbering in the hundreds?

Damn right I can.

Equating this with a Special Olympics Joke is Grasping at Straws.

No, it's not.

It was in terribly poor taste and he campaigned on the idea that he was different than everybody else, smarter than everybody else, better educated than everybody else, more 'in touch' than everybody else.

What happened there was him relaxed and a bit comfortable, speaking casually.

He's demonstrating what an arrogant, cold, distant, clueless, manipulative piece of sh!t he is.

Case closed.

Well, Neocon....

Callen brought up Bush, just look at the post I was replying to, it says "If Bush did it......"

Lies about Weapons of Mass Destruction...duh.

I won't eve address your paranoia about Terrorist associated with Obama

And the Clintonites he's apointing have nothing to do with No Bid Contracts. If you read my comment was about No Bid Contracts.

Of course he's going to fill the Cabinet with Political Cronies. It's the No Bid Contract part that was the problem, Not the Crony part.

You may be a Partisan, But I'd never dismiss you. I may set you straight, but even you are an important part of the Melting Pot.

Bush's Contributers were driving that Sub Marine and they did a Maneurver they werent supposed to do in the port, with a civilian at the helm.

Fallow the story here if you wanna.

Cheney had every right to say it, as it wasn't against the law, but it showed his lack of character.

Bush Spent 487 days at Camp david and 490 days in Crawfor Tx. My mistake, I thought the combined Number was all Camp david. Now that we have that straight........I know retired Jewelers that work more than that

Here's a CBS story on it

I agree that the retard Joke was in bad taste, we should definitely stop the next Healthcare bill because he said Special Olympics. Why, because I love Irony. the retards wouldn't be able to get Healthcare because the Conservative outrage over a bad Joke about retards.

I am neither the defense or the prosecution.

If any one here or any where for that matter is so perfect that they have never made an off color statement in there life. Is a hypocrite...

Either hypocrisy or justified poetic irony. 8 years of retarded, now we just make jokes about it!

It's probably best neither is the case, but given the choice I'd take the jokes over the real thing.

Either hypocrisy or justified poetic irony. 8 years of retarded' date=' now we just make jokes about it!

It's probably best neither is the case, but given the choice I'd take the jokes over the real thing.

[/quote']

Which candidate said that he had compaigned in all 57 states? (hint: his initials are BO) Which VP was caught plagiarizing in college and again on the campaign trail? (hint: it was slow joe biden)

How about this for retarded?

GENEVA—After promising to “push the reset button” on relations with Moscow, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton planned to present Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov with a light-hearted gift at their talks here Friday night to symbolize the Obama administration’s desire for a new beginning in the relationship.

It didn’t quite work out as she planned.

She handed him a palm-sized box wrapped with a bow. Lavrov opened it and pulled out the gift—a red plastic button on a black base with a Russian word “peregruzka” printed on top.

“We worked hard to get the right Russian word. Do you think we got it?” Clinton said as reporters, allowed in to observe the first few minutes of the meeting, watched.

“You got it wrong,” Lavrov said, to Clinton’s clear surprise. Instead of "reset," he said the word on the box meant “overcharge.”

Clinton and Lavrov guffawed. “We won’t let you do that to us,” she said.

Despite the shoddy translation work on the U.S. side, Clinton and Lavrov emerged from their meeting a few hours later saying they had accomplished their initial goal—reducing the frostiness in U.S.-Russia relations that had taken hold by the end of the Bush administration.

At a joint press conference afterward Clinton and Lavrov called each other by their first names and said they had conducted wide-ranging discussions on Iran, missile defense, Afghanistan, and nuclear arms reduction. They agreed to intensify preparations for opening a new round of nuclear arms negotiations to replace the one that expires at the end of this year.

They each emphasized that major disagreements and disputes remain on matters such as U.S. support for Georgia, the former Soviet republic invaded by Moscow last year, and on an announced sale by Moscow of advanced air defense missiles to Iran. The improvement in tone was unmistakable compared to the icy encounters that Lavrov used to hold with Clinton’s predecessor.

But in a meeting largely devoid of concrete accomplishments, Clinton’s gift became a source of continuing amusement to everyone except her staff, who realized that flubbing a foreign language hardly made their boss, the nation’s top diplomat, look good.

When a Russian reporter asked her about the mistake, Clinton conceded that Lavrov had “corrected our word choice” and went on to gamely make the best of it. “In a way the word that was on the button turns out also to be true,” she argued Though Lavrov had said that word on the button meant overcharge, Clinton suggested that that peregruzka could also be translated as overload.

“We are resetting so the minister and I have an overload of work,” she said

But Lavrov refused to let the matter rest there, bringing it up twice more during the press conference in a way that suggested he wasn’t completely unhappy at Clinton’s discomfort.

“We have reached agreement on how reset should sound in both Russian and English,” he announced at one point. “We have no disagreement here.”

A few minutes later, he referred to the gift again, noting that he and Clinton had pressed the button together—a move that summoned up thoughts not of easing tension but of launching a nuclear strike.

“It is a very, very large red button,” he said. “I do hope that Russia and the United States and other countries would never ever push any other buttons associated with initiation of destructive hostilities.”

He told Clinton he would put the button on his desk in Moscow.

Do you really want to start a list of idiotic statements made by politicians. Can't we, for once, agree to be a politician is to be an idiot? Between Bush and Reagan I think I'm giving you the easy out here.

How magnanimous of me.

Do you really want to start a list of idiotic statements made by politicians. Can't we' date=' for once, agree to be a politician is to be an idiot? Between Bush and Reagan I think I'm giving you the easy out here.

How magnanimous of me.

[/quote']

All politicians make "slips of the tongue" and misspeak sometimes, oratory skills are not necessarily a sign of supreme intelligence...I'm just looking for a little perspective. Biden and Kennedy are admitted plagiarists. Hillary, with the entire power of the state department behind her made a huge public mistake with her gift to the Russians. Obamma gave the Prime Minister of Great Britain a set of dvds that were in the wrong format for British dvd players...Hillary, Obama and Biden are touted as being "world travelers" and "sophisticats"...How much do we hear about these mistakes by democratic politicians? We heard for 8 years from the left, how "stupid" W was...it turns out that he scored higher on his college entrance exams and had higher grades in college than did John Kerry and AlGore...Where's the news commentary on the left's mistakes? I don't agree that all politicians are stupid...many are, but not all. I don't agree that all politicians are crooks and liars, many are but not all of them.

All politicians make "slips of the tongue" and misspeak sometimes' date=' oratory skills are not necessarily a sign of supreme intelligence...I'm just looking for a little perspective. Biden and Kennedy are admitted plagiarists. Hillary, with the entire power of the state department behind her made a huge public mistake with her gift to the Russians. Obamma gave the Prime Minister of Great Britain a set of dvds that were in the wrong format for British dvd players...Hillary, Obama and Biden are touted as being "world travelers" and "sophisticats"...How much do we hear about these mistakes by democratic politicians? We heard for 8 years from the left, how "stupid" W was...it turns out that he scored higher on his college entrance exams and had higher grades in college than did John Kerry and AlGore...Where's the news commentary on the left's mistakes? I don't agree that all politicians are stupid...many are, but not all. I don't agree that all politicians are crooks and liars, many are but not all of them.[/quote']

Maybe all that cocaine and booze made W. an Idiot. It didn't seem to have that effect on fellow frat rat Kerry.

Do you really want to start a list of idiotic statements made by politicians. Can't we' date=' for once, agree to be a politician is to be an idiot? Between Bush and Reagan I think I'm giving you the easy out here.

How magnanimous of me.

[/quote']

Homz,

No offense meant here, but politicians are the stupid ones? I ask you, who makes the money in this country, both over and under the counter? Exactly. Who manages to make it for the most part, without getting caught? Exactly.

Who seems to have the real power? Exactly.

All of you still think the politicians are the idiots? Wize up (mispelled on purpose) folks.

Archived