Gibson Brands Forums

help LP tribute special.. special :-) Toggle switch position

pbxl

All,
Received a stuning LP special tribute single cut from music store Germany.
No complaint the sound is superb and clean effortlesly

Just a tiny bit of glue on the neck.

But... contrary to others.. the toggle swith is near the tone pot.. same routing as a DC from early 59.
Tried to find some information on this but the store can just answered that this model is no onger available.
Did not found pictures of other guitar with same rounting.
Mine date from Oct.2019. and came without authenticity doc.. maybe it's the case for all guitars as this one..

Anyone has seen same guitar as mine ...?
KR

Phil

Edited by pbxl

That is a bit weird...   When I first saw this post I thought it was going to be one of the models where all the controls are under the pickguard..  Thats not what you have..

Cant find any other pics of it either..  It could be a special run.. Sometimes big guitar shops like Guitar Centre order special runs just for their shop then sometimes some of those models find there way out of the USA and come to the European warehouse...

The other thing you can do is email pics of the guitar and the serial number to Gibson Customer Service. They should be able to confirm what model and colour it should be.

9 hours ago, sparquelito said:

Marketed for the European customers, I reckon?

Well, then they'd have to re-tool everything for metric sizing. Re-size the poker chip to include translations into French, Czech, Polish, Lithuanian, Greek etc etc. and completely cover the finish with safety regulations stickers. Nightmare.

I love it, by the way. 

Good isn't it!

I was never a fan of the switch up where it's normally located. 

When I first got my LP, I kept flipping the switch by accident. I considered removing the tip at one point. 

3 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

Well, then they'd have to re-tool everything for metric sizing. Re-size the poker chip to include translations into French, Czech, Polish, Lithuanian, Greek etc etc. and completely cover the finish with safety regulations stickers. Nightmare.

At least it's already priced in Euros. So they got that going for them. 

When I first got my LP, I kept flipping the switch by accident. I considered removing the tip at one point. 

I get a lot of flack for my views on the location of that 3-way switch. I know that the proper (upper location) is most familiar and comfortable for the majority of players, but I could never stand it there.  Down low is the way to go, Joe. 

😐

• Like 1