Gibson Brands Forums

Music, Money, Madness . . . Jimi Hendrix In Maui

Rabs

From Mitch Mitchell's book "The Hendrix Experience" -

" When I came to remixing it, I discovered that only 8 out of the 16 tracks had worked at any one time.

The gig, at least from what I've seen on film, was a complete bloody shambles, although we did actually enjoy it."

The audience was grouped together according to their star signs!

Edited by jdgm
  • Haha 1

Playing in the open air anywhere in Hawaii can be very challenging, the weather changes from minute to minute, I wonder how many times his equipment got rained on before he even played. I think guitarist in his era collected much fewer axes, specially compared most players collections now. Everytime I have played outdoors here it was always under shelter, dealing with the elements was always a challenge. Jimi's raw edge was always present and expected, we didn't expect his performances to sound like the studio. This was a performance event for those who were lucky enough to be there.

This was in a Pavilion on the Bay Front in Hilo during a storm with sideways rain, I was getting blown around and had to put my back to the storm, everything was wet.

oV7Bfm9.jpg

Edited by mihcmac
  • Like 1