Gibson Brands Forums

New 2021 Fender stuff

Rabs

18 minutes ago, Dub-T-123 said:

Turn the tone knob up when you want to sound like Green Day, turn it down when you want to sound like big mouth billy bass

I never want to sound like Green Day. I like punk rock, but not punk rock made for 14 year old girls. And certainly not made by a 48 year old who wants to play dress up and dress like a 16 year old mall kid.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

5 minutes ago, Dub-T-123 said:

That just means there’s more tone left for me

Its all yours. I'll take my Zappa, Yes , Crimson, Beatles ect.

6 minutes ago, Dub-T-123 said:

Your loss man 😆

Not at all. I listened to them in the 90's and now they just bore me. GD are just a little bit edgier than Blink 182.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 1/14/2021 at 8:09 AM, rct said:

They'll more than likely never change that.  They don't want people with 8 Teles to not buy another one so they can get a person with no Teles to only buy one.  Seriously.

I've used them my entire life and not ever noticed a problem.  

Buck up, Buck.  There's no switch placement crying in guitar playing.  lolz

rct

Oh I agree, I'm sure they'll never change it just because I griped - but since we were commenting on Fenders I had to put my two cents in.  It never stopped me from playing a Tele when I wanted that distinctive tone, but since my last band  folded I sold almost all my electrics (kept 1 LP and one semi-hollow) and I mostly just play acoustics now so no issues switching pickups 😧

In the 60's there was an O.C. band called the Mustangs that had several guitar players all playing Mustangs with the exception of the main lead player who used a Duo Sonic.

I have been intrigued by the hybrid Jazzmasters with real  P90's, simplified switching and  Strat Tremolo.

Edited by mihcmac

On 1/13/2021 at 10:58 PM, Twang Gang said:

I owned quite a few Fenders over the years and was able to adjust to them alright after playing the same Les Paul for over 20 years straight.  But the one thing that I can't believe they never improved on was the pickup selector switch on the Telecaster.  It is too close to the volume knob, and if you want to switch pickup positions mid song you almost have to stop picking and grab it with two fingers to move it.  Can't get your pinky between the switch and knob when you are on the bridge pickup and want to go to middle or neck.  Seems like a simple enough thing to fix after 70 years or so, but they refuse to do it.  I've seen a lot of guys that unscrew the knob off the pickup selector to get a little more room in there (or maybe they just lost the knob?)  It's just takes a flick of the hand if you want to go the other direction, but really tough to go from bridge to any other position 😡 

Someone (think it may have been Phil McKnight?) changed the control plate on a Tele to allow more space. Somewhere on YT.