Gibson Brands Forums

Another "worst" thread.

saturn

I was never a big fan of the glam/hair bands of the mid to late 80s', but some bands like Ratt, KIX or Cinderella to name a few, actually had some great songs if you could get past the goofy looks.

What do you think were the worst songs of this genre? Here's my list

Pour Some Sugar on Me - Def Leppard - stupid song full of bad cliches

Cherry Pie - Warrant - sounds like it was made with the hair metal cookie cutter

Un-Skinny Bop - Poison - more bad cliches and it sounds like an 8th grader could have written it

Up All Night - Slaughter - just horrible

Of course these are just my opinions. What songs would you guys add?

Who could forget Def Leppard's other gem--Armageddon It?

I never did understand what an Unskinny Bop was supposed to be, but I *was* a bit naive back then.

However, I wish that my copy of Long, Cold Winter was not stuck in my CD player (as in--stuck...won't play, won't come out).

I grew up with this stuff, too. That's why I listened to so much Cream, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and Led Zeppelin. I actually like Def Leppard now, but in High School I couldn't stand it. I have to admit, they were better than Depeche Mode or Echo and the Bunnymen.

Some songs will always make me cringe. The Big Hair was always a turn off in the 70s. And I could never handle REO Speedwagon.

But have you ever found yourself singing to stuff now and even buying them as 'classics' - when you were ashamed to even listen to them when you were so cool at 17?

Christ, I can even handle Bye Bye Baby now.=D> I know - a very dangerous confession.

Pour Some Sugar on Me - Def Leppard - stupid song full of bad cliches

Cherry Pie - Warrant - sounds like it was made with the hair metal cookie cutter

Un-Skinny Bop - Poison - more bad cliches and it sounds like an 8th grader could have written it

Up All Night - Slaughter - just horrible

I like every one of those songs. The 80's were a helluva lot of fun and that's what those songs are. What I didn't like about the 90's is all the fun went out of rock and roll; the vast majority of "alternative" music was mopey and whiny as bands became pretentious and taking themselves too seriously.

Archived