Gibson Brands Forums

The Bird and the expiring spider

E-minor7

The scene I awoke to this morning – and mysteriously the insect was flat and dried out. Where did it come from and how. . .

DONXREr.jpg

9rlhiBL.jpg

FEX0gVu.jpg

Well at least it ended on the top. 

27 minutes ago, zombywoof said:

Fell out of your beard?

Hahe, , , you know L. Sklar walked around with one of D. Parton's bridge-pins in his an entire morning. Didn't notice till it fell down in the corn flakes. . 

wIqN6hJ.jpg

SSbi8y7.jpgBut the spider fell to earth out of nowhere. It must have been blown from the windowpane, , , ,which is on a lower level 😵.                                                                                                                                                                 

Add that the window isn't open at night yet - plus the fact that the window is on the far side of the sound hole north of the Bird. 

Shouldn't be such a mystery.  Spider probably up in a corner of the ceiling for a long time, and it died and dropped down onto the guitar.

What is way more concerning to me is that you leave the guitar laying on it's back out in the open over night.  Shame on you, it should be properly stored in a hard shell case when not being played!😧 

17 minutes ago, Twang Gang said:

Shouldn't be such a mystery.  Spider probably up in a corner of the ceiling for a long time, and it died and dropped down onto the guitar.

Okay, , , I buy into that ^ if you can guarantee that they spend old age sitting in corner of ceilings looking down at what was once there reign'n'domain. 

17 minutes ago, Twang Gang said:

What is way more concerning to me is that you leave the guitar laying on it's back out in the open over night.  Shame on you, it should be properly stored in a hard shell case when not being played!😧 

Oooohhh, , , I have most of my herd ready for action all the time - they don't get much rest.                                                                                                                                                                                                                          And the F-bird has never been locked away as I wanted the pale top to get some tan, , , which luckily slowly is starting to happen after over 10 years.                                                                                                                                                              That said, I'm pretty careful - treat them with a high degree of focus, respect and precision.

Just now, E-minor7 said:

Okay, , , I buy into that ^ if you can guarantee that they spend old age sitting in corner of ceilings looking down at what was once there reign'n'domain. 

Oooohhh, , , I have most of my herd ready for action all the time - they don't get much rest.                                                                                                                                                                                                                          And the F-bird has never been locked away as I wanted the pale top to get some tan, , , which luckily slowly is starting to happen after over 10 years.                                                                                                                                                              That said, I'm pretty careful - treat them with a high degree of focus, respect and precision.

Also treat the spider respectfully - it's still lying there (as Crosby would say), but shall be taken away tomorrow. 

6 minutes ago, BoSoxBiker said:

That spider looked like it fell in a dramatic manner. Make that "landed" in a dramatic nature. The picture sort of proves you didn't swing at it and bash it with your 'bird, right?

Would never do that - catch them in glasses and release them from the balcony.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Yes, there's a dramatic side to the scene. It really surrendered to destiny. . 

26 minutes ago, E-minor7 said:

Also treat the spider respectfully - it's still lying there (as Crosby would say), but shall be taken away tomorrow. 

. . . where some careless breeze left it long ago (last night). So close: 'almost made it to the place where spiders go to die.

Horizontal storage, ready to go, is fine. In cases on the floor, on the sofa, etc, is fine too- but won't yield the fresh air & light if looking to help age the top. and/or strings. (80/20's on maple?) 

Good to see the f'bird getting enough play to wear down the panzer paint. 

4 minutes ago, 62burst said:

. . . where some careless breeze left it long ago (last night). So close: 'almost made it to the place where spiders go to die.

'Xactly, , , wrote the line and it resonated, , , , but with what. Couldn't nail it and had to make a sandwich. Kept singing it over and over, , , thought McCartney, NO ! googled - nothing.                                            Then pushed the 'pictures function' and a bunch of different lyrics emerged - among them The Lee Shore. I then instantly knew.

5 minutes ago, 62burst said:

Horizontal storage, ready to go, is fine. In cases on the floor, on the sofa, etc, is fine too- but won't yield the fresh air & light if looking to help age the top. and/or strings. (80/20's on maple?) 

Good to see the f'bird getting enough play to wear down the panzer paint. 

Can't put my guitars in cases - play them too often. Only the ones in the 'second row' rest there. For then to come out once in a while as exotic yet well known guests.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            This F-bird hasn't panzer paint. It's from 2010 and the PP was prohibited long ago. Actually put out the flames myself - and even added some fine-line black felt-pen in the grooves.                                                         The anemic almost white spruce surrounded by dancing fire everywhere became too hot to handle. .   

Just made an experiment and put on D'Addario 85/15 Bronze 11-15-24-32-42-52 the 24th of April. It's a mighty guitar so it can bear to be withheld a bit. Still it's the majesty here. 

7 minutes ago, E-minor7 said:

. . .  had to make a sandwich. 🙂.

Actually put out the flames myself - and even added some fine-line black felt-pen in . .  .   

The 'guard wear did look to be unusually consistent across it's span- Regarding where the player spends their time with their pick hand, it's always interesting to see where the wear occurs.

Unfortunately, on Hummingbirds, the bird begins to disappear before the butterfly.

3 minutes ago, 62burst said:

The 'guard wear did look to be unusually consistent across it's span- Regarding where the player spends their time with their pick hand, it's always interesting to see where the wear occurs.

Unfortunately, on Hummingbirds, the bird begins to disappear before the butterfly.

Yes, , , and recall you fantasizing about the 2 exchanging positions. I like the butterfly a lot and have added micro-dots of orange, , , eeehh actually panzer-paint on its wings.