Gibson Brands Forums

I am pleased to announce

SteveFord

• SteveFord changed the title to I am pleased to announce

They were out in force yesterday, only had one car driver pull out in front of me but I knew he was going to do that so was ready.

Still keep my distance when I get off the bike but it's great to be out and about again.

I didn't notice an unusual plethora of bikes and bikers tooling 'round these parts yesterday, and the only ones I consider as "biker scum" are those idiot jackasses on "crotch rockets".  [cursing]

And besides, Memorial day ISN'T about giving thanks to veterans, but to honor those in the military who died serving our nation.

Whitefang

Edited by Whitefang
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No harm in thanking the living along with honoring the dead, I would think.  All of mine made it but my wife lost her 3 much older brothers in the Korean War.

Scumminess is a state of mind, you've either got it or you don't.

Those who wear fake motorcycle jackets in Gibson videos DO NOT have it.

The only scumbag bikers I know of are the ones riding side by side coming toward you and the outside one is in half of your lane. 

Complete assholes they are....and I used to ride as well. 

Was actually going to get one not so long ago again....then I saw a woman I used to date in a store one day. I hardly recognized her....Her speech was slow and she had scars all over her arms. 

She married a fellow who rode bikes....they were out one Sunday riding and a kid pulled out in front of them and cut them off. Practically ran over them and he got killed. She almost lost an arm and was in coma for a month. 

It did some damage to her spine and also her brain. She was so slow to speak. I was so shocked and my heart went out to her. She was still pretty but Nothing like previously. 

After that I no longer really want one. I still like them though.

Be careful out there guys who do ride!!

• Like 1

Great day for riding again, the weather is just perfect.

Putting in the overtime again to pay for replacing a stereo system but I did manage 100 miles before work.  

I actually got to hear with cicadas sound like, I thought it was the noise froma giant radio tower malfunctioning and it didn't dawn on me what it was until I started dodging lots of monster bugs on the way home.  Those suckers are LOUD!

Motorcycles aren't for everyone, I started off on a mini bike in the 6th grade and at age 61 am still bombing around on two wheels.  Guess I must like it.

2 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Great day for riding again, the weather is just perfect.

Putting in the overtime again to pay for replacing a stereo system but I did manage 100 miles before work.  

I actually got to hear with cicadas sound like, I thought it was the noise froma giant radio tower malfunctioning and it didn't dawn on me what it was until I started dodging lots of monster bugs on the way home.  Those suckers are LOUD!

Motorcycles aren't for everyone, I started off on a mini bike in the 6th grade and at age 61 am still bombing around on two wheels.  Guess I must like it.

The cicadas have not started here yet but they are on the way. 

On 5/31/2021 at 10:48 AM, SteveFord said:

That not only is today the day to give thanks to our Veterans but it's also the official start of Biker Scum Season!

eh6fNKD.jpg

Our son had a pop rocket (as we call them here,) similar to this one, He gave up 2 of them because of all our damage on our streets here.  Pot holes everywhere, large gashes in the street and most that try to ride bikes here get thrown off.  This is the first year our Mayor has attempted to fix most streets as she wants reelected now. 

14 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Here (NY) they are sometimes called "crotch rockets".  😆

Yep, Pop or crotch rockets and wasn't there one other name too? I still remember the kid in Council Bluffs back in the days when I drag raced the NHRA.  He was coming up from the water works flying on his bike and after he came out under the bridge a car pulled out of the gas station. It was way too late to stop and when he hit the gals front end he flew off the bike and through her windshield.  It cut his head clean off as Dirty Harry would say. 

I ride like everybody is going to try and kill me. 
And nobody can see me. 

That way, when they pull out suddenly in front of me, I'm prepared with my line, my escape route, and my throttle/brake plan. 

Knock wood, I've been riding since the early 1970's, and I've never been in a wreck. 
Never crashed a car either, come to think of it. 

Knocking wood one more time. 

🤔

• Like 2