Gibson Brands Forums

For Those With English Ancestry

IanHenry

I refer to myself as a "Portagee-Oakie".

Mom is 1/2 German & 1/2 Portugese.

Dad is an Oakie, (born outside Muskogee).    Has English, German, Irish, Cherokee and probably some other stuff I'm not aware of.

Looked up my family tree....almost every branch has a hangman's noose on it!

• Haha 1

Pretty cool site. Thanks

I know my name Davies is Welsh. I even have a big book on the name and coat of arms etc.  But I was adopted.  I did one of those DNA things and almost 100% of the matches trace to  England/France.

My father's side came from Normandy, France in the  mid 1600’s. Made it to Detroit in late 1600’s. Population of Detroit then was about 200 not including Indians! Mother’s side was from Germany immigrating around the early 1800’s. 
I was told my coat of arms ties in the back!

My name is Scott Irish but both sides of my family are a mix of English Irish and Scott that migrated to the colonies mostly before the Revolutionary War. They tended to be clannish migrating and settling in Indiana and Missouri. My parents met in California while my dad was working for Lockheed just before WW II, in which he became a bomber pilot instructor.