Gibson Brands Forums

DOES ANYONE ELSE WANT TO SEE A REISSUE OF THE GRABBER?

EdGrabber

On 11/1/2021 at 10:57 AM, RBSinTo said:

I didn't know that there was a Gibson bass known as The Grabber, and frankly didn't care then and don't care now.

I thought that Edgrabber was referring to the Slim Whitman High-Note Grabber that came out in the sixties or seventies. 

Basically two finger cymbals that squeezed one's testicles to attain those reeeeeally high notes like Slim did. 

I'd bet the Bee Gees and Frankie Valli are still sore and having flashbacks, so put me down for a " no" for both.

RBSinTo

If you don’t care don’t comment, but I do find your comment hilarious. Keep trolling amigo.

11 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

The former Levi's/Mars/M&M, and now Gibson CEO is there to get them out of debt. If that would do it they would build it, but as of right now the share holders want their money back and probably don't know what a Grabber is.

I’m hoping someone at Gibson reads this post and brings it up in a meeting. I think it’s a great time to give this bass a true reissue. It’s really difficult to find a grabber. Thanks for the reply!

Ed

2 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

Somebody's slacking so I'll give Sgt. Pepper a sad face whatever they hell they are until Mr. X rolls out of bed.

I'd give myself one, too, but it won't let me.

I'd give you a Zappa 'Stash emoji if there was one to give. 

11 hours ago, EdGrabber said:

I’m hoping someone at Gibson reads this post and brings it up in a meeting. 

You think the share holders care what goes on at Gibson?  Well yes they do care and what they care about is that guitars and all the Gibson products sell. All they want is their investment back with of course interest. It doesn't matter if their selling pork bellies or guitars the bottom line for the people that had the cash to invest is this:

$

The current CEO was head of Levi's and prior to that a big wig in the Mars/M&M Candy Company in England. So I guess his next logical step is CEO of a guitar company right? Nope he is there cause he must be good at what he does no matter if its selling jeans and Docker's made is China, candy made in England or guitars made in the USA. He is a businessman first and foremost.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

8 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

I always liked the animated vomiting smiley face one.

Aside from a Like one the rest just seem kind of childish.  

They are for the generation that has never lived without a cell phone and gives them something else to occupy their time with instead of finding a job.

I guess I should get on topic. I got a b-astard bass. '95 Fender American Standard Jazz body with Rio Grande Muy Grande pups and a Warmoth birdseye maple neck with black block inlays and binding. Looks sort of like Geddy's. It's all the bass I need and then some. So no for me. But make it for those who do. Or there is the custom shop if you got the dough.

WKfCLvI.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

10 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I guess I should get on topic. I got a b-astard bass. '95 Fender American Standard Jazz body with Rio Grande Muy Grande pups and a Warmoth birdseye maple neck with black block inlays and binding. Looks sort of like Geddy's. It's all the bass I need and then some. So no for me. But make it for those who do. Or there is the custom shop if you got the dough.

WKfCLvI.jpg

I reached out to the custom shop and they told me they don’t make basses in the custom shot. I thought that was odd, because I would pay top dollar for custom grabber. That is a clean looking Jbass dude. Very much reminds me of a GL bass. I currently play a 2014 American Standard Pbass. It gets the job done for sure. 

30 minutes ago, EdGrabber said:

I reached out to the custom shop and they told me they don’t make basses in the custom shot. I thought that was odd, because I would pay top dollar for custom grabber. That is a clean looking Jbass dude. Very much reminds me of a GL bass. I currently play a 2014 American Standard Pbass. It gets the job done for sure. 

Yeah its clean, tight and right. It would be original, but when I got it the neck was like a roller coaster. I contacted people on ebay I bought it form when I got it. The bass cost me $650. The neck they had to buy me, or I was going to send it back to them cost them $450. They did not disclose the damage to the bass in the add, so they lost and  I won. My buddy has an American G&L Jazz bass and they are top notch. Your willing to pay and they won't make it for you. What the hell is the custom shop for?  

Edited by Sgt. Pepper