Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone here from Nashville? re: visit and Gibson Garage

Nifty

57 minutes ago, Nifty said:

I was wondering if it's worth taking a few days and visiting Nashville - in December.   How bad can the weather be?   Also, any suggestions on where to stay.  I prefer in the city.

I stayed in an Airbnb. I was there in December a few years ago and it was a little cold but tolerable.

Went to the Opry, saw Richard Thompson and went to cool joints to see music.

Go to Carter’s and Gruhn’s.

I'm fond of staying near Broadway, to allow walking-distance convenience to the old-school bars and honky-tonks there. 

Great live music to be had, left and right. 
Great restaurants too. 

I have always had a nice stay at this Hilton:
Hilton Nashville Downtown
121 4th Ave S, Nashville, TN 37201

(615) 620-1000

From the hotel it's an easy block and a half walk to the historic and lovely Ryman Auditorium
My favorite concert spot in the free world. 

https://www.boxofficeticketsales.com/ryman-auditorium?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=85767647&utm_term=ryman auditorium schedule 2021&gclid=Cj0KCQjwlOmLBhCHARIsAGiJg7lFixJ72jf8iv0i4SO44D4Fk5Eq8bwoUEoXij_vC7mACmqGvepst3UaAr1nEALw_wcB

Acts to be seen in December (I would plan my timeline around coming to see one of these at the Ryman) include

Amy Grant and Vince Gill,

Tab Benoit and Samantha Fish, 

Andrew Peterson,
Sarah Brightman,
Home Free Vocal Band

Colter Wall,
She and Him, and more. 

😬

Edited by sparquelito

Thanks everyone. I am most concerned about the weather.   I'm also bringing along a dog.  I've located hotels and restaurant/bars that are dog friendly and intend to use a dog day care place in the Gulch.   I have money aside to buy a guitar.   I'm looking into visiting the following:

• Carters
  • Gibson Garage
  • Third Man Records
  • Gruhns
  • Rumble Seat

4 hours ago, badbluesplayer said:

I wonder if the Gibson Garage has enough guitars in stock so you can actually play one and take it home.  Or do you go there and there's limited stock and you decide to drive into an abutment instead.

There 10k, so I don’t think they are flying off the shelf.